• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

For Sale: VW Campervan 1971 Early Bay RHD - Project

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This ia an original early bay window campervan. Please be under no ilusions, this is a project van and not a runner. It has been an ongoing project but due to personal reasons, i am unable to complete.

The van is a non runner and does not come with an engine. This was removed by previous owner.

The van has had some restoration work done so far but there is still plenty to do. The gearbox has been removed and CV joints repacked.

Below is a list of bits that have been replaced:

2 x Outriggers

1 x inner sill

rear wheel arch (N/S)

Closing panels for wheel arches

Rear corner from a rust free early bay import

Engine lid

Below is a list of parts that come with the van for fitting:

Rear corner from a rust free early bay import

rear wheel arch (O/S)

Main heater pipe

handbrake cables

I beam for from chassis member

1 x outrigger

1 x outer sill

1 x sliding door 9" skin bottom

Front wheel arch and step (N/S)

There is no interior apart from the from seats and dashboard in the van. this had also been removed.

The underside of the van from front axle back has been cleaned down with wire brush and jetted, the painted with hammerite, to keep the rust out. All the spare parts that i have listed come free with the van. The van is not drivable or towable, this would need to be collected on a trailer.

There is also a SIP migmate welder thrown in with the auction as this will be of no use to me anymore.

Please remember that this van is a project, sold as seen

Any questions please email me, and if you want you can leave me your No. and i will call back for a chat.

The van is located nr norwich.

Any questions please ask

The van is on an auction site at the moment, im open to offers outside the site so if oyu search the title on there you will see pics.

I can also email the pics across, not sure how to post them.

Latest posts