french -72 westy -snowman-

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aircooler said:
Good job Kalle, looks nice! Any more updates?
Best regards
Reto

Not a lot, just little painting parts and under the car:
I will paint later drums and axles ;)

And little front also

Small cleaning and repaint for brake cylinder:

I have some problems with gearbox and flywheel, I use 228mm flywheel which is same diameter than from other engine what I have ( from 411/412), distance from starter to flywheel is same both gearboxes, BUT I have 2 different starter and non of them is fitting :(

So I need to find solution before putting motor in.

Same with the new cabin door and engine room sealings I have problems, they are too thick :(

More updates:
Starter problems solved. Sometimes you need second brain to see the "problem" better. Now needed just remember how starter works, so old starter will fit. :)
New oils for gearbox and installing.

And some detail from engineroom

Bus is looking SWEET!

Quick question, what did you use to prep / prime and paint the pop top with?

snow_pikey said:
Bus is looking SWEET!

Quick question, what did you use to prep / prime and paint the pop top with?
It have painted same white paint than rims: Industrial 2 component dupont. I just sanded poptop and painted over, no primer.

Little trying back bumper because thank to exhaust pipe I have to change supporters from left to right. But it was not a problem :)
Yesterday evening we installed windshield with my wife. Now with lot of silicone it went in, but not so easily.
Now with back light it start looking more car and I like more that fat ass -style :)

Hi everydoby.

More updates: I first explain and after few pictures following.
Before installing gearbox and engine I had to clean and paint rear control arms + brake drums. Same time I had to modificate little gearbox for fitting 228mm flywheel.
Suspension parts ordered from USA, Monroe air chocks. :) I use one compressor and small airtank what comes from touareg 6L and why, becouse it only 10cm diameter and fit well under the car :) Compressor I was thinking to put engine room, becouse I don't have fuelheater there.

Then it was time to check how old and new engine electrics are fitting.
First there was too many cabels, but little watching wiring diagrams I realise to need new regulator. And it good to use also original plug for regulator instead apico fittings...

Finally the day came to install engine on place :)

I really like how engineroom is staying clean, after picture there little better order for all wires...

Luggage area got also new supporters, what were fully broken and there was even missing one...

Front windows are also on place, but I had to clean old 1/4 windows becouse I don't find open versions. I install also old cromes around windows and I needed new fixations, but I get them only with new crome and sealing 50e/each. :(
So I had my make myself :)

Inside I made new panels and painted them with white lack. I change all except roof panels what are good condition.

Now is time finish electric, install system air, behind 3 way seatbelt, building trailer hook... and lot of others small stuff :)
Outside car is look like ready, only VW sign is not on place ;)

Thank for reading updates!!! And still everything is done myself.

I'm looking original complet 1/4 open front windows with frame. Offer me please!!!

Small update:
More progress with electrics: everything works except indicator, because broken switch, what I have try to fix... I will post pictures if I manage to repaire that.
Engine room cabels are now better an order. I add also install main switch to cut all electric in ones.

thanks!
Next was one pain killer work: Reparing indicator switch...
And why to repare and not just buy new? I saw facebook one who sell same switch and who told that mine is built only one year. I don't know was it just selling speak, but price was for second hand piece 200£. That made me trying more harder to fix old one...
And I try to fix old before order new piece.
Here is with pictures my style:
Thanks to small hand ( kids) indicator had some damage.

I tried to make same new ring with spring inside, but it didn't work, so I weld new metal and I didn't use small spring.

I install new with lot of glue.

After was one hardest work in combi to install again switch with springs and small metal inside... If you have try ones, you know what I mean! :)
And finish product is in place and work really well, and it is not lose, like it was before .

Latest posts