from snail to hare

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wannabay

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Had twin Dells installed and jetted last week by James Wotton of VeeDub in Welling, replacing a tired solex, along with one of Butty's new throttle linkage kits, new clutch, main seal, engine brace mounts (one had broken), new spark plugs (previous garage had fitted wrong ones!), new rear brake hose (old one was near collapse causing the brake to stick), set my 123 ignition on the 009 curve and did a leak test which came up trumps. Handily, James also has a rolling road and a quick 'before and after' test showed power at the rear wheels had increased from 28 to 48 bhp! It has completely transformed the van, bags more power, more responsive, better delivery and much more fun to drive. Haven't been on the motorway yet but am sure it'll fly up hills now where it previously struggled. Oh, and he hooked up the heater cables so I also now have heat. If I ever need a new engine, I know where to go.

As in this guy ?.

[youtube][
► 0:52► 0:52
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8KYVyedd-s" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
21 Jul 2013 - Uploaded by VeeDubRacing
2013 Bug Jam 27 at Santa pod. Outlaw Flat Four Series - James Wotton's beetle v CSP Beetle .../youtube]

Yea reckon he knows his stuff :mrgreen:
Probably not his best race but still a 10 !

squirt72 said:
As in this guy ?.

[youtube][
► 0:52► 0:52
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8KYVyedd-s" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
21 Jul 2013 - Uploaded by VeeDubRacing
2013 Bug Jam 27 at Santa pod. Outlaw Flat Four Series - James Wotton's beetle v CSP Beetle .../youtube]

Yea reckon he knows his stuff :mrgreen:
Probably not his best race but still a 10 !

Love James's Turbo Oval, such a narly looking car!

His P.B. is a high 9 second run at over 140mph

He is an excellent fellow and I can also highly recommend his work :mrgreen:

Latest posts