FRONT AXLE

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

graysummers

Reaction score
Little Village on the MidWest Wales Coast
Year of Your Van(s)
Van Type
Crossover
Hi, Just having my exhaust and heat exchangers replaced by the local mechanic and ...... the front axle has deteriorated. Rotten at the edges and fallen apart. I use the bus every day for work and thank God for the exhaust going and needing fixing. I have long countryside runs to work and dread to think what might of happened. Any ideas of suppliers out there or if any people have parts having been broken down. Does it usually need just the axle or are more hidden problems bound to surface??

Just the axle usually, most of the parts can be swapped over, you might need new anti roll bar clamps though, for example.
Ive just sold a very good beam and I know there are others on the parts for sale section available. LHD beams can be changed to RHD by anyone who can weld quite simply.

'71 - is that small or large 5-stud? I've got a good front beam I've taken off my '68 that I'm selling. I'm only in Swansea too ;)

Spence68 said:
'71 - is that small or large 5-stud? I've got a good front beam I've taken off my '68 that I'm selling. I'm only in Swansea too ;)

Selling your bus? Are you getting a new one? What about that blue bug you use to have?

LV

I'm not selling my bus, just the beam as I've fitted a king n link beam ;)

What blue bug though?

Just been emailed back from FBI VW with a £275 price. I'm about to ring the local mechanics working on the VW to see if anything else has gone awol around the front axle area. Usually I'd tackle stuff myself on the VW but I'm on a part time 3 year degree in Swansea (hence able to pick up) on top of my full time nurse job up here in Aberystwyth. The oil central heating boilers gone a big time knacker yesterday too and it's freezing in mid Wales. It was warmer down in Swansea on Wednesday when I was down there. Coming back at night to Aber had a definate big drop in temperature. I hate January.

Latest posts