• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Front Discs for Earlybay (1970)

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr Brightside

Reaction score
I have a set of brand new Brembo discs for a 1970/71 Earlybay.

Ideal if you are using the top hat converters for the later calipers or for the very first bays with discs.

Still boxed £60.

Realistically collection only due to weight or can take to Stanford Hall or CamperJam.

Cheers

G

Could be interested but not sure whether correct discs for my 69 as they did not come with discs on my year bus, any ideal how to tell if correct?

Valentine Won said:
Could be interested but not sure whether correct discs for my 69 as they did not come with discs on my year bus, any ideal how to tell if correct?
To be entirely honest, no.

I bought these for my RED9 kit, but found out that RED9 uses Late Bay discs, the hubs are the same, but the offset is different.

That does not really help a great deal........

Low lighter, you will need disc brake spindles as well cos drum spindles dont have caliper mounts. I believe I'm right in saying than any year spindle will fit tho as all ball joints are the same.

Valentine Won said:
Where are you based mate just wondered if you were close to bristol

Derbyshire :(

Going to Stanford & Camperjam if any good.

neilswheels said:
Low lighter, you will need disc brake spindles as well cos drum spindles dont have caliper mounts. I believe I'm right in saying than any year spindle will fit tho as all ball joints are the same.
I think Valentine means his bus has been converted to discs, but he is unsure if Early or Late spindles were used, well I think thats what he means :)

Mr Brightside said:
Valentine Won said:
Where are you based mate just wondered if you were close to bristol

Derbyshire :(

Going to Stanford & Camperjam if any good.

neilswheels said:
I think Valentine means his bus has been converted to discs, but he is unsure if Early or Late spindles were used, well I think thats what he means :)
Yeh i have discs fitted already but unsure if early or late :)
If still available when camperjam comes round then i will be able to have a look as i am going there.
Just one more question are the discs narrow 5 :?:

cheers shaun

Valentine Won said:
Yeh i have discs fitted already but unsure if early or late :)
If still available when camperjam comes round then i will be able to have a look as i am going there.
Just one more question are the discs narrow 5 :?:

cheers shaun

Yes Shaun,

Narrow 5

I took some measurements on the discs:

Outside face of disc centre (the bit the wheel matches up to) to outside face of disc (the bit the pad rubs on) 70mm
Inside face of disc centre (the bit that mates up to the hub) to inside face of disc (the bits the pads rub on) 73mm

Disc outer diameter ~= 275mm

Latest posts