Front Of Bus Leaning??????

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinheaduk

Reaction score
Ok my rusty resto [ thread in gallery] is going well and after buying loads of new metal to weld to finish welding my bus i noticed that my bus is leaning considerable to the right on the front of the bus the back is level but the front leans like a bitch,

i thought it was dodgy shocks but not to be as i took them both of and still the same, the shock towers are pretty rotten but i was wondering if anyone had any ideas?????

my beetle does the same thing, i think its just 40 years of someone sitting on one side only and the torsion leaves sag on one side.

Asuuming you don't have a couple of gold bards stashed under your seat, it could be that a couple of the torsion bar plates have snapped. Its surprisingly common and at least half the front suspension units I have stripped down have had one or more cracked plates. If its just one cracked than its hard to notice any lean, but when 2 or 3 all on one side are gone you can usually see it.

Asuuming you don't have a couple of gold bards stashed under your seat

You deffinately want to oust those freeloaders, no Shakespears, Burns or Wordsworths on board, notoriously bad for your suspension and they dont pay for the petrol.... :lol: sorry fella couldnt help it...

does sound like the torsion bars are your likely culprit

Araon said:
Asuuming you don't have a couple of gold bards stashed under your seat

You deffinately want to oust those freeloaders, no Shakespears, Burns or Wordsworths on board, notoriously bad for your suspension and they dont pay for the petrol.... :lol: sorry fella couldnt help it...

does sound like the torsion bars are your likely culprit
:lol: :lol: 8)

ok finally got round to taking beam of and darn it, unless they are hairline cracks etc i cant see any leaves that are broken so not sure why van leans, but it sits level on axle stands so it has to be the beam after taking some measurements but the beam is unbelivably rotten

203.jpg

204.jpg

205.jpg

so a new beam i think :)

:shock: get it ordered fella! that one looks shot! 8)

Latest posts