front panel repairs

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mankywelshman

Reaction score
i was just wondering which route to go down with front panel repairs. i need the panel under the windscreen and front lower valance, should i go new if so who sells the best panels? or should i get some cuts off other buses breaking? (its a 71 cali westy)
recommendations please

Hello there, I went down the cut route, but had problems and ended up cutting the filler out and grafting a new windscreen surround in.
Got a front panel from VW Heritage and cut bits off.

Have a look here...

http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5562&start=100" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

im having lower window + inner and outer valance panels fitted.i wanted to keep as much good og metal as possible.i also get to treat the metal behind the panels while they are off.its alot more work though than a complete front panel.

i wanted to keep as much og as poss, what panels did you use ? and were they a good fit ?
my windscreen panel appears to have a fair bit of "bondo" in it under the window rubber. how far down the panel is it best to cut to blend in the new piece ?

I used Heritage panels, seem to be on a par with other suppliers. But remember that any replacement panels are much thinner than og.
I'm recycling a 1972 tintop roof as repair panels where I can, proper metal. :)

got mine from schofields,the window section is thinner but quite a nice shape.i got the taller valance which is thicker and looks good when offered up,but not fitted yet.

IMG_0790.jpg

IMG_0818.jpg

IMG_0812.jpg

Latest posts