Front seats...

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mj_jonesy

Reaction score
My bay is anything but standard or one for the enthusiast wanting to keep originality so I would like to fit some different front seats.

Is there anything that fits directly (other than standard OE VW camper seats?) as I fancy something different.

Or is it a matter of anything can be fitted with a little (or a lot) of work?

I've currently got a set of late 90's Ford seats and the passenger seat is on a captains swivel base, which I'd quite like to keep.

AA715C59-ECB7-454B-8D04-9E203EBB0E1C_zpsymyickav.jpg

I've seen a set of Nissan Juke seats that I like the look of, wondering how much work would be needed to make them fit, I know people handy with a welder etc.

$_57.JPG

or I like the retro'ish look of the leather MGTF seats

$_57.JPG

So what's the score people? can anything within reason be made to fit?

If you have the runners or mounts from the original car they can be fitted. The only restricting factor is that they do fit and are practical - Ive sat in vans with modern seats bolted in where my heads been on the van roof, my feet could hardly touch the pedals and my legs were squeezed under the steering wheel where the seat base was just too high.

When i bought my 68 it had Golf GTI recaros in.....they were awful :cry: the seating position was just all wrong. I replaced these with original restored seats and the ride is awesome, wouldn't change them for anything, the upright position is perfect and the sprung seats are very comfortable...stock is best in my opinion, they look good too :D :D :D

In my last bay I fitted mk2 MR2 seats and they worked out well for me ( 6' 5") bolted in with only 4 holes drilled in each side. In my current bus I've fitted 76 bay front seats and they are comfortable but I ain't drive. It yet :mrgreen:

Latest posts