Front Speakers

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

panic_fan

Reaction score
Year of Your Van(s)
Van Type
microbus
Alright I need some ideas for Front speakers. HELP!!!!!

I do not want to cut the kick panels or the door panels.
I have the deck installed and rear 6x9 speakers in speaker boxes, but I am not sure what to do with the 51/4" round fronts.....

Anyone mounted them behind/under dash or somewhere else? Any thoughts or pics would be greatly appreciated!

To do a stealth install we mount them in the lower part of the cab doors using some wood, and then cut the hardboard of the door cards but leave all the covering material intact.

I guess you could make some boxes and mount them behind the seats?

I bought a couple of cheapie Alpines from Halfords which had a fixing hole in each corner of the plastic surround. I simply fixed it to the back of the glove box one side and the lower lip of the dash board the other side on 2 pairs of metal mending straps bought from a DIY shed and bend to suit. They seem to work fine and pretty discrete. Van being restored so unfortunately can't post pictures.

Yea, I was trying to think of something that would work on the bottom of the glovebox or under dash. Id rather cut/drill into the glove box and not in any of the panels.

panic_fan said:
Yea, I was trying to think of something that would work on the bottom of the glovebox or under dash. Id rather cut/drill into the glove box and not in any of the panels.

Pop rivet a piece of aly into the bottom part of the door and cut it and mount your speakers to that then, over and punch wholes into the door card and vinyl, looks trick and works the best :wink:

Can you see them fitted here? well they are and 6" jobbies aswell. Believe me the sound is spot on :wink:

Van0711.jpg

I've got 2 speakers (10 cm diameter) mounted next to each other underneath the speakerholes in the topside of the dash.
Sorry, no photo's!

Latest posts