Front speakers.

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These are very good and not expensive. I got the lowest in the range with the separate tweeters. I run an 5 channel amp under the dash off the leisure battery, two 6” (maybe 6.5) in the boot lid and a 8” sub in a converted storage box from madmats.

It’s pretty stealth install and no original panels or metal were cut.
IMG_2234.jpegIMG_2245.jpegIMG_2253.jpegIMG_2058.jpeg

Look on Evilbay or Face ache . I got mine on there as there seem to be plenty.

These are very good and not expensive. I got the lowest in the range with the separate tweeters. I run an 5 channel amp under the dash off the leisure battery, two 6” (maybe 6.5) in the boot lid and a 8” sub in a converted storage box from madmats.

It’s pretty stealth install and no original panels or metal were cut.
View attachment 4927View attachment 4928View attachment 4929View attachment 4930
That’s a great idea.
I’ve got a spare 8inch sub and a madmats box so I’ll copy that!

What amp and fuse panel in the pic are you using?
Thanks!
Ben

Last edited:
That’s a great idea.
I’ve got a spare 8inch sub and a madmats box so I’ll copy that!

What amp and fuse panel in the pic are you using?
Thanks!
Ben
I can’t remember the make. A friend of mine has recommend the entire setup. It’s very good for the price. The fuse box is just one off eBay. We pondered where to mount it and realised that the groves in the amp allows us to slide in some captive nuts and then use some small bolts to hold it to the amp. I’ll picture the amp box when home later.
The hardest part of the install was running the power, rear speaker wire and some extra wires for extra things in some conduit under the van. Getting the wires through the conduit was a challenge.
I shamefully admit that I got the idea for the sub box from another post on here (forgotten chaps name!) who made a lovely centre console speaker box. My skills are not even close so this seemed like a nice compromise. The lid needs fastening down on the madmatz, as the air make it rattle a lot!

It was Moseley!

I shamefully approached a local carpenter to see if could make me one and I got a firm ‘no-way’! Far too complex so would cost a fortune.

I resorted to next best ‘bodge’ solution.

Well folks. Well i finally ordered some speakers. They are called InPhase xtc speakers. Seen good reviews about them and they aren't that expensive so I will see what they are like. Hope they are good 😕ha.

Well folks. Well i finally ordered some speakers. They are called InPhase xtc speakers. Seen good reviews about them and they aren't that expensive so I will see what they are like. Hope they are good 😕ha.
Could you stick up a link for where you ordered them from 🤙

Hey folks. This is how bad I am at electrics. Where the hell do the wires go ? I know the white and grey wires are the front speakers but do I cut them and electric tape them up or do they plug somewhere. Madness 😳.

Last edited:
These are the wires.

Attachments

• 20230419_162108.jpg
    20230419_162108.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 1
  • 20230419_162119.jpg
    20230419_162119.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 1
These are the wires.
Hi Velgreeno, you can buy a DIN ISO plug set for speakers and electrical wiring like on the picture. 20230419_231218.jpg
You can solder the wires from the speakers and the electrical connectings at the ends of these plugs and place them behind the dashboard. The advantage is you can connect and disconnect the plugs easily. Hope this explanation will help you.

Hi Velgreeno, you can buy a DIN ISO plug set for speakers and electrical wiring like on the picture. View attachment 5079
You can solder the wires from the speakers and the electrical connectings at the ends of these plugs and place them behind the dashboard. The advantage is you can connect and disconnect the plugs easily. Hope this explanation will help you.
Hey @Rambow2304. Cheers for this. So could i add the wires to the existing plug in my first pic or would i need those plugs in your pic ?

Hi Velgreeno, you need the plugs i showed in my post before. These plugs will fit into the plugs that come from your Radio. And "taaataaa" 😃 you have free ends of cables where you can solder the wires comming from speakers, Terminal 15, Ground and so on.

Hey Folks. I DONE IT 😃. I was tinkering about and found a way. No cutting or anything. It was easy to do too but fiddly plus the speakers sound pretty cool. Trouble is now where to put them 😳😄.

Attachments

• 20230420_180108.mp4
    41.1 MB
And what is your solution now?
All i did was marry the right wire to wire in the sockets and then i electric taped them together so they wont move and as one and then put it all back together. It totally works and its in very snug and there is nothing exposed 😁🤙.

Hey folks. Well they are in their final resting Place and work very well too It took me days to decide their location but it dont look that bad to be fair. They will look even better when they are colour coded. pat on my back for Velgreeno and as a Brucie bonus I now have a nice patch to put over my brake fluid reservoir 😀 🤙.

Attachments

• 20230429_185742.jpg
    20230429_185742.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts