Front Valance, how many panels go to make up an assembly?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yackaboo

Reaction score
Guys,

Just a quick question regarding how many panels go to make up a front valance assembly on a '69 production bus', is it just two, ( outer that is seen from the front of the bus and inner that is welded to the chassis legs) or is it a 3 panel assembly ?.

Thanks for any advice

Cheers

Mike

I'm fairly sure it's just an inner and an outer. The repo panel I have is complete but it looks as though it's just two pieces. I have seen on someone's build thread strengtheners used on the bottom a pillars. The come in about 6-8 inches from memory.

Thanks for the info guys, its what I thought, but it looks like at sometime a previous owner has had a repair done and added another panel into the assembly :shock: .

Cheers

Mike

2 panels mate, if look through my resto thread you can take a look at what it looks like!!

Just a note :!:

Dont cut to much of on the inner panel as they are not as long as you think :!:

I found out the hard way and had to fabricate panels at each end :x

This winters project is replace the inner and outer valence (and doglegs ;) ) on mine, hopefully getting a pair of og doglegs, and was wondering which repro valences are the ones to go for? :D

The only inner valance I could find out there is a double panel assembly that a couple of dealers sell ( got mine from V W Heritage part 211-805-257/R), its a klockholm panel and is not too bad a fit.

Mike

yackaboo said:
The only inner valance I could find out there is a double panel assembly that a couple of dealers sell ( got mine from V W Heritage part 211-805-257/R), its a klockholm panel and is not too bad a fit.

Mike

Cheers :D

Just looked on schofields and they do them too, anyone had any experience with them?

:D

http://www.alanhschofield.com/ourparts/cat_644611-Front-Panels-Parts.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Last inner panel I fitted had to drill out the spotwelds along front edge and reweld as it had been made by a blind blokes labrador ,outer panels are poo aswell ,the step for the bumper is far to deep.dont forget the infill panel between inner panel and wheel arch as thats usually rotten and you have to make that yourself.

Latest posts