• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

FS: KYB Excel G shocks

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

*Sam*

Reaction score
Hi all,
I have the below pair of shock absorbers sale, about 300 miles covered on them.

2 x KYB Excel G shock absorbers.
Extended:420mm
Compressed:265mm

£50
I can take to Bug Jam on Saturday or you can collect from MK16 area.

uga6e6y7.jpg

do you know what bolt to bolt measurement these were supplied for.
thanks Matt

Hi Matt,
These were supplied to me when I bought my rear spring plates, at the time they were to short so I fitted them on the front when I had dropped spindles on a Standard beam, they were fine but I only ran them for about 100 miles before winter came and I changed the front end completely.
I then ran them on the back with a 3 spline drop they were fine then as well, again I only ran them for a short time before raising the rear.

They will fit but I guess you might have to adjust your beam.

Below is the guidance Vw Heritage give.
Let me know and I will get you a postage quote and then on their way.

Ps: did you get my E-mail

Fitting Info
It is very important to fit the correct length ahock absorber to a lowered car. There must be at least 2 inchs / 50mm of up and down travel from the normal ride height. To ascertain what length shock absorber you require, measure the distance between the shock mounts on your vehicle after you have removed the existing shocks. This must be done with the weight of the vehicle on its wheels (not whilst it is on a jack). Once you have your measurement check it against the parts description on the shock absorbers below. If in doubt please call for advise before making your purchase as it is very important for your safety and comfort that you fit the right ones to your car, especially if it has modified or lowered suspension.

Bugger, didn't measure with the wheels on the ground :evil:

Yeah, got your email, just been snowed under trying to sort stuff out! (read it whilst walking around the supermarket the other night :lol: jus not replying on my crappy touch screen phone!)

Had to bite the bullet and order two sets from VWH instead. Time is against me :|
If I had some spare time I would have definitely bought them from you but need them tomorrow!

Hi Jim, no probs I will get a quote for you.
If you know someone who is going to bug jam on Saturday I could take them there?

Ok mate I will package them up and try and get a postage quote before the weekend, is that ok ?

Latest posts