fuel gauge

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

radish

Reaction score
Hi All

need an answer on my gauge. I fitted a new sender and new gauge sometime ago and as the bus is working I have ventured out of East Sussex a few time now!
The problem is when full it reads 3/4 so when it read empty I have approx. 1/2. I know this from my trips to Ninove, I have simply worked it out that when empty on gauge cost 30L.
anyway what the hell is wrong with the thing please.

Cheers Darius

Ever since I've had my bus the fuel gauge has read exactly the same as yours. It's our fuel senders that either need to be adjusted, repaired or replaced. I'll be dropping the engine next month and might have a look at the sender ... or maybe not. My fuel gauge is really just an ornament, like the in-dash clock that's accurate twice each day. I got used to watching and marking down the mileage at each fill up to make sure I never go empty ... well except that one time. Even with the other vehicles I own(ed), I've always done this.

sparkywig said:
Repro or NOS sender?

The reason why I asked was that I replaced my faulty original with a repro sender from one of the big suppliers, only to have random inaccurate readings at the gauge. Ran out of fuel 3 times.....
I bought a NOS sender unit from Jeffrey at BusOK.nl and this has been faultless for the last 18 months.

It's a repro from heritage I don't mind naming them. Pointless complaining as they just give the bullshit excuse that's its an electrical item and they don't take returns on these.
Cheers sparky this just half the problem the bus is doing 16mpg so even if I can see it on the gauge it won't be there long!

Latest posts