Fuse board fault - Headlights - Help?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Foz

Reaction score
A month or so ago, I had a problem with my indicators not flashing, was advised it would be the relay, so I replaced it. Removing the relay was a tricky affair having to move the whole fuse box out to get to the relay at the back. .

Put everything back as it should, indicators work fine again now, only for some reason now my headlights are stuck on main beam when in the second position on the headlight switch. Sidelights work fine. Headlight switch is new, and was wired in by an auto electrician
There is no clicking when I flash the main beam, so maybe the relay is stuck? Or a silly earthing problem?

Just looking for any advice or pointers as to where to look, which wires/fuse circuit or relay I should be looking at when I once again remove the fuse board to find the fault.

Any advice appreciated.
My bus is a 70 Westy btw.
Cheers

own a Bay?........Feel the love!

What make is it? where did you get i from? if its a euromax there was a problem with them.

http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=33343&hilit=+relay" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ooh not too sure buddy, I'm pretty sure I purchased it from Just Kampers about a year ago now. would it have it stamped on the relay itself?
Thanks for that info

From what you said I would put money on it being as radish has described as I had one from them around the same time and it wouldn't latch on.

-------------------------------------
Michigan Missile1970 L87 Westy

Vwheritage supply these relays, are they any good? ie. not euromax?

From memory if ended up with one from heritage and it's still going strong.

Purchased one from vwheritage now in case it's the relay. What with it being christmas holidays I'm hoping this will be delivered in time, need this sorted in time for 29th as I have a wedding in my bus to attend, and the journey back home will be in the dark, so I'm going to need my lights working correctly.
Thanks again guys, I'll update my findings when I eventually get to work on my bus this Saturday afternoon.

So I fixed my headlight issue. I disconnected the battery, and pulled out the fuse board as far as I could. Took the relay out to ascertain whether or not it was the euromax version. Thankfully it isn't! I did however notice a loose wire dangling around. I quickly worked out that this was the live feed to the headlight relay, which must have come off when I replaced the indicator relay. So I put it all back together and BINGO lights are now working fine.

This is the first time I've worked on the bus, and everything ran smoothly without incident. Usually the easiest of tasks becomes a major ballache of a job!

Appreciate the input tho guys, thankyou muchly.
Merry Christmas EarlyBay'ers :)

Glad you got it sorted :)

Latest posts