• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Gadgets WESTFALIA Towbars ARE BACK NOW 10/10/16

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gadget Boy

Reaction score
THEY ARE AVALIBLE NOW 10/10/16 FOR THE NEXT BATCH OF TOWBARS ........... 10 /10/ 2016

Gadgets Speed Shop Presents: NEW Westfalia Towbars 4 Early Bays 67 to 71 buses

##### NOTE : THESE TOWBARS WILL NOT FIT A CROSSOVER BUS SORRY #####

These Towbars are the Best and thats why EVERYBODY wants them, They come with all the Stainless steel Nuts and Bolts All You need is a bus to Bolt it to ,They are 100% British Made

I've managed to do an Exceptional deal and keep the price to £ 265 Each which IS Great ;)

Ok People after ALOT of work, More than I thought, I can Now offer you Brand new EXACT copies of the Westfalia Towbar for Early Bays . Its taken me trawling four different fabrication shops to find a family company willing to make these to MY obsessive standard .

Now after finding this fabrication shop they are made Exactly as the original ... Not nearly the same ....Or that will do, its only a towbar, Whos going to see it .... Etc Etc .

The company has over 50 years in metal fabrication and There 100% British

These are finished in Full powdercoat Black ,Just like the original. They are Exact copies of the original 1200 Kilo grams version and are made of brand new stronger than original steel ,Not an original fatigued/ stress cracked example.

The towbar replaces the factory bumper mounting brackets that hold your bumper on your bus and it mounts to Factory installed pre drilled and tapped holes already fitted to you bus ;) No welding /fabricating needed . :mrgreen:

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: If you wish to check where these holes are , they are located in the top corner of the chassis directly under the battery trays on your early bays at the rear of the bus . :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Now each towbar comes with all new stainless steel bolts/nuts/washers to bolt the towbar to your vehicle . There is a mounting plate provision to fit full single plug electrics to this towbar, But I'm afraid the electrics aren't included with this kit.

##### To really finish off Your towbar a prewired trailer plug is available from ebay for as little as £7.50 #####

The price of each towbar is £ 265.00 each and they can be posted, BUT as expected are VERY HEAVY so collection from a show is preferred BUT I can ship this usually costs £30 in the UK ONLY

EACH towbar is made by skilled British craftsmen, Not Kids in Taiwan and as such Each towbar is made Specifically For You and Your Bay window .

DSC01728.jpg

DSC01729.jpg

DSC01731.jpg

DSC01728.jpg

Please put Your name down on the list below and PM Me re payment details

Many Thanks

Gadget

***** Yes they do fit with Single quiet packs and with a Vintage Speed shop exhaust too BUT the VSS exhaust tailpipe has to exit to the left *******

Ok Earlybay people there are 12 in this current batch and 5 have already sold , So 7 are left over , WATCH out for the upcoming Volksworld Camper an Bus " How to " feature on how to fit one :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Finally there is NO waiting as they are all available from Wednesday this week 12/10/16 ;)

Gadget

Count me in! Where are you based out of interest?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I fitted one of these to my 71 westy and it went on perfectly. Has even towed a small sailing cruiser. Highly recommended :)

Heh you old dog.....never did get that bottle....no..litre of Gin you promised me wife...
Catch up soon, glad to see your still milking it.....

Rocket...

Hi Gadget Boy, just wondering what shipping to Sydney 2564 NSW Australia would be? Also, do I need to run a standard exhaust for it to fit, or am I able to continue to use a Fat boy exhaust or a vintage speed hidden muffler?

Thanks in advance Mats.J

Have you got a picture fitted? Are any of the mounting point visible when looking at it standing up, I've seen some that bolt to the rear face of the van and look bulky that's all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello RH VW

Yes of course , I've got lots of pics , Let me see if I can post some up , Also I can send you some via Pm , Finally no you can't see any of the fixings the only part visible is the rear Towball an the electrics bracket 👍👍👍👍

Latest posts