Gas bottle installation

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rich-B

Reaction score
Im going to be running a fridge and hob from a gas cylinder under a buddy seat or cupboard in my bus. I know its meant to be in a sealed box with a certain size hole cut in the floor of the bus, has anyone got any pics of how they have installed a gas cylinder in their bus and also I heard that some campsites require to see a gas safety cerificate if they know your running gas?!

Any info would be greatly appreciated cheers :D

Rich-B said:
Im going to be running a fridge and hob from a gas cylinder under a buddy seat or cupboard in my bus. I know its meant to be in a sealed box with a certain size hole cut in the floor of the bus, has anyone got any pics of how they have installed a gas cylinder in their bus and also I heard that some campsites require to see a gas safety cerificate if they know your running gas?!

Hi

My gas bottle is under my buddy seat, with a 3 way manifold with solid pipe under the westy floor running to the propex under the bed, and solid under the walkthrugh vent for the gas hob, and BBQ point which is flexy hose.

Think around this page, 9 and 10.

http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11057&start=160" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I have yet to fit a drop out vent where the bottle is, i have the original sink drain pipe hole in the floor just ar the rear of the fridge though...

Not heard of camp sites wanting a safety certificate....this right?

Cheers!

Alistair

Mine is similar to above although bottles are under a different seat, next to the wardrobe in my latebay westy interior.
gagy2utu.jpg

Only heard by word of mouth about gas safety cert so maybe not an issue, iv heard of Devon conversions fitting the gas bottle in the battery tray opposite the battery but I guess if your running a leisure battery then that's that idea gone unless you reroute some wires

I'm no expert but would have thought that if there's an engine fire it might get interesting

its ok im a fireman! :lol:

if there is an engine fire the fuel tank will blow before a cylinder, il not be near the van by then anyway!

aogrady said:
Rich-B said:

Hi

My gas bottle is under my buddy seat, with a 3 way manifold with solid pipe under the westy floor running to the propex under the bed, and solid under the walkthrugh vent for the gas hob, and BBQ point which is flexy hose.

Think around this page, 9 and 10.

http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11057&start=160" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I have yet to fit a drop out vent where the bottle is, i have the original sink drain pipe hole in the floor just ar the rear of the fridge though...

Not heard of camp sites wanting a safety certificate....this right?

Cheers!

Alistair

very neat setup, not sure on gas safety certificate, dont think il bother with one but il do my best on a safe and tidy install

This is what Dormobile do - great for the fridge gas - the cooker, being under the passenger's seat needs a second tank, or as I've done, moved the tank to under the buddy seat...

Dorma-gas.jpg

Latest posts