gas cylinder

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimthebin

Reaction score
hello all

finally might be about to get my 70 devon off to its first ever camping trip and was wondering what type and size of gas cylinder people used.

ie propoane or butane and makes that are better and where to get them around north cambs

ta

jimthebin

In the case of cylinder gas, Butane has a freezing point of 0ºc while Propane has a freezing point of -42ºc. When gas reaches its freezing point, it ceases to function effectively.

I use the small blue Propane tank, i think is about 3kg they are hard to find and refill unfortunately but the only thing that will fit in a cupboard out of the way.

there are a few using 10kg tanks the smallest ones you see on a garage forecourt selling gas.

Westys use to have a larger tank fitted underneath with all the gubbings regulator etc, i dont think they are too hard to find.

deffinately needs to be the propane as its workable at the temps your needing it for usually....

where in North cambs are you? Lambs in Stamford are very helpful and should be able to source something for you (just over the border in Lincs :lol: )

ok , maybe a daft question but i have my gas tank in my boot space .....

this is really bad isnt it ?

should i get this moved out and into the interior , and if so, where do is put it ?

ta, stevie

I assume you mean engine bay by boot space? its not bad unless you spring a serious leak, the engine area is probably the best ventilated part of the bus and the tanks are built to withstand very very high temperatures and pressure before failing, i saw a guy take a blow torch to an empty with the neck off and it took a long long time to cut through. im toying with putting mine in here too by frenching out the spare wheel well.

Latest posts