Getting my dash clean

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RICH-I-AM

Reaction score
Evening.
Just about to put a freshly painted dash in my van but the glove box lid, clock binnacle and top edge trim is going to let it down.
I can obviously clean these items but I want to get the best out of them.
Any ideas on how to get the luvly as new finnish they had 40+ years ago?

Cheers

Rich

A toothbrush and some cheap all purpose cleaner from one of the supermarkets.

Then you could wipe over it with some normal car dash 'shine', but the non-greasy type so its not too shiny but more satin/matt.

Sent from my 02_jbla668 using Tapatalk

I used a some good old pledge with a soft brush then I simply buffed off came up OK..needs doing again now as a bit dusty!!

sa3enyda.jpg

Just had my dash resprayed too, I cleaned up the plastic parts with cream cleaner and a nail brush and they came up the nuts - the rubber section between the top and the front of the dash was really flat&dull letting the look down though, i gave this a couple of coats of some interior back2black spray and that now looks brand new mint.

Simon.

Looks good
Cream cleaner not leave it with apowder residue in the texturing at all?
Your ashtray standard for a 71?
Mine had a black metal front wich I also shot blasted and painted and lost the original shifter emblem that was on it.

Rich

RICH-I-AM said:
Looks good
Cream cleaner not leave it with apowder residue in the texturing at all?
Your ashtray standard for a 71?
Mine had a black metal front wich I also shot blasted and painted and lost the original shifter emblem that was on it.

Rich

Rinsed/brushed with lots of warm water and didn't get any residue from the cream cleaner. There was some debate about my ashtray in the thread i posted in Gallery, may not be original early spec but its about the best original-condition one I've seen so theres no way i'd repaint it.

S.

Latest posts