Glastonbury 2017

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Come on weather hold out for just a few days more!

Officially access gates to camper fields close at 11. We aren't able to set off until Thursday night with estimated arrival slightly after. Does anyone know if they are flexible with letting people on late?

Or will we be camping outside waiting for gates to open on Friday morning?!

Walt said:
Clem said:
Lastly, come visit 'Olive In A Bus' in Williams Green for olives, hummous, fresh lemonade and cheese platters! :D

Are you on the corner plot like last year?

Yes, I think so :D

Bookie said:
Come on weather hold out for just a few days more!

Officially access gates to camper fields close at 11. We aren't able to set off until Thursday night with estimated arrival slightly after. Does anyone know if they are flexible with letting people on late?

Or will we be camping outside waiting for gates to open on Friday morning?!

Last year we arrived at 1am and they let us in to the campervan field no problem. There always seems to be stewards on the gates.

:mrgreen: Is everyone having fun ? One of my mates got on to a small stage yesterday and played and sang for a bit. It was like a rock and roll version of it ain't half hot with his mahoosive shorts on.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,, stay dry buds :mrgreen:

I watched a lot of it on the telly and it looked awesome, can only imagine what it was like being there, and even the weather was good! Definitely one for my bucket list.

Weather was perfect- hot 'til the punters came, then warm- perfect for wandering about. Best Glastonbury I've had :) Think it has made me a bit poorly though!

I'm still a bit broken!

Had a great time, great weather. Good to say Hi to a few guys off here :D

Was something on our bucket list that had to be done.
Thanks to Clem for the info and everybody else that got asked.
What an amazing time , weather was great music was superb etc etc.
Olives were especially good. :lol: :lol:
Arrived and set up camp in half an hour and although we left 3 songs before
the end on Sunday, half an hour and we were on the A37 on our way home and in bed by 01h30.
However now comes the recovery and I have not been to work for 2 days because of a stinker of a cold.
I am a lecturer so standing in front of my pupils sniffing is not good. :lol: :lol: So one day back and 2 off I should have known.
Bucket list ticked. Glad we ate breakfast at the bus, everything was either 5 quid or 10. So I think we are all decidedly a little poorer.

Amazing experience and a definite if you have not been.

J & P
:D :D :D

Clem said:
I'm still a bit broken!

Had a great time, great weather. Good to say Hi to a few guys off here :D

Was good to meet you Clem - Appreciate the advice you and the others guys mentioned on the thread.
Think I've just about recovered!
2nd Glastonbury for me & it was awesome - big difference to last year's mud fest.

Had a great time, despite breaking down on way there & back.(Also broke down on way there last year!)

So, on the way down from Durham to Glastonbury the bus overheated around Malvern. Gave it an hour to cool then drove to a local air-cooled place (odd ball customs) near Tewkesbury. The guy there (who's name I can't remember!) was great - he started looking at it straight away. Turned out I'd lost 3 exhaust nuts at some point causing it to overheat. He replaced the nuts & also the air hoses in the tinware (which had melted at the bottom). So big thanks to him - could have happily spent the afternoon talking vw's with him but could tell my mate was eager to get to Glastonbury.

Funnily enough just before we got into Glastonbury the bus hit a couple of potholes - didn't think too much of it at the time. Just wanted to pitch up & head into the festival!

So after having a great few days we headed back on the Sunday evening/Monday morning.

Had no overheating issues driving back - But just before leaving the M18 the front right tyre punctured. Would you believe that before I left home I'd decided not to take the roofrack & spare wheels?!! I couldn't believe it!

Anyway, the RAC bloke turned up pretty quick & after looking at the tyre he showed me that it had worn away on the inside edge at a weird angle. This was probably the pothole that knocked the wheel out of alignment. He then looked at the drivers side and it was also badly worn - he thought the tracking might be out.
Anyway, he went off, got some tyres & eventually fitted them and we were off - Got home about 16 hours after leaving Glastonbury!

Would I do it again? Absolutely!!

Latest posts