Going grey ( L345 that is )

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well the sun's been out today in Sussex so I've taken some decent pictures ( particularly for the Devon pervs amongst us ).

New stance ( subtle I know ).

DSCF0451.jpg

DSCF0446.jpg

DSCF0448.jpg

Devon caravette interior
DSCF0459.jpg

DSCF0452.jpg

DSCF0454.jpg

DSCF0453.jpg

Original Dudley cooker
DSCF0460.jpg

Easicool cooler
DSCF0461.jpg

Tidied the cab up
DSCF0456.jpg

DSCF0457.jpg

Enjoy :D .

Bus being enjoyed by my 4 year old daughter ( getting jam, crumbs and cream everywhere ).
DSCF0441.jpg

The bump on the front definitely has to go when funds allow. It's not quite as discreet as I thought it would be.
DSCF0445.jpg

i wouldnt have noticed the bump but since you mentioned it.

looks really good condition inside. 8)

It's a 68 Devon Caravette interior ( although the Eurovette and Torvette incorporated the same buddy seats ).

And if anyone's got a correct cap for the water tank (under the easicool, above the nearside buddy seat) I'd be very interested !

The colour's great. Glad it's not yellow anymore ( although my girlfriend preferred it ) and glad it's not the original lotus white it's supposed to be. ( I wouldn't want it getting mistaken for a Westy ;) )

Thanks for the positive comments folks.

Grey Colour looks good, my old bus was yellow and i changed that colour ( must be a yellow thing) its a bit like avocado bathroom suites, they all get changed but the colour will come back round again soon :lol:

Your bus looks cooler than ever now 8) I think the colour was a great choice. You can't beat a Devon interior for seating and storage space. Good to see another van with a funky orange retro devon table :D

Frustratingly I haven't had much use out of it since I got it back :( . The gearbox is making a horrendous grinding noise ( luckily I have a replacement, cheers Alex ) and the engine would put BP to shame :oops: . I think it must be from the cooler or the rear crankshaft oil seal ( virtually new engine as well, just out of guarantee :roll: ). It's being pulled and hopefully sorted this week.

Can't wait to start enjoying it, we've got a camping trip to the Isle of Wight planned in July so hopefully we get these teething problems sorted.

Sorry to hear about the leaking and gearbox issues, hope you get it all sorted in time!

The van turned out great, I love the interior and stance! 8)

Well the oil leak and gearbox seem to be sorted now :D .

The leak was just a bent push rod tube so that was nice and simple and so far no nasty oil drops have appeared. The gearbox was really slack on the nearside output flange with more than 10mm free play that shouldn't have been there. The new ( second hand ) one has a slight bit of a whine but is lovely and smooth compared to the previous one.

Great to be able to use the bus again, and I've got a grin like a Cheshire cat every time I look at it. Roll on summer 8) .

Latest posts