• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Golf GTI Mk 5 2008 SOLD :):):)

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fortunate Son

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bought this ex demonstrator when it was 4 months old. List price new was £24.5K as it has quite a few optional extras on it.

9 months MOT (expires 20/06/15)
5 months tax (expires end Feb 2015) but only if it sells before 01/10/14 as tax is non transferable after this date I think.
167K miles (90% motorway miles)
Recaro leather heated front seats (very rare factory fit GTI embossed - £2500 option from new)
Xenon headlights (£1500 factory fit option)
Winter pack (headlight washers and heated mirrors)
18 inch Monza 2 wheels (factory fit option)
Multi Function Steering Wheel and dash display (factory fit option)
Usual GTI features - traction control, tyre pressure monitor, etc
VW service history up to 76k miles
Cam belt and water pump at 112k miles by Nathan at Wagenworx (ex VW tech who did some if the VW services when he was at Heritage VW Weston Super Mare)
New brakes - discs and pads all round at 140k by me
Serviced by me at 155k - oil, plugs, air filter, cabin filter
Goodyear Eagle F1 Assymetric 2 225 40 18 92Y Extra Loads all round with 4.5 to 5mm tread
Really sad to see it go as it's been the best car I have ever owned other than my earlybay!
Still very quick!

A few pics for now, interior pics to follow tomorrow when it's had a thorough valet.

Hi mate - a couple of questions If I may?

Is it an import?
Does it have highline dash display?
Is there an armrest fitted?
Any Modifications ?
Does the car require any work that you know of?
Any advisories from the last mot that need addressing?

Apologies for the questions but you are quite a drive away for a viewing

Hi

Not an import, it's RHD
Yes, high line dash display
No, no arm rest (not 100% positive if it would fit between the Recaros? It has a two cup holder thingy (will get some pics up tomorrow)
No mods, other than factory fit options.
Re work needed - there are stone chips to bonnet and front and a tiny dent to the front right corner of the bonnet. I would say the bonnet should be repainted to pick these imperfections up. Both fog lights are cracked but I will replace them if getting close to asking price) Otherwise all good, clutch is still very firm and bites well (motorway miles mostly and not abused, I am 43 and outgrew my boy racer phase years ago!) I did change the NS rear wheel bearing at approx 130K but no noise from others at present.
Advisory items on last MOT were fog lamps not working.

No worries with questions, ask away!

Cheers

Andy

Andy,
Cheers for the prompt reply

Is the climate blowing nice and chilly?
Any sunroof fitted?
What stereo is installed?
Does it have cruise control?

Why is it up for sale?

Yes, nice and chilly, it was regassed towards the end of the warranty so must have been about 50k I think.
No sunroof (fairly rare on MK 5 GTIs I think)
Stereo is crap! It the factory fitted RCD 300. I was going to put a RCD 510 DAB in it but never got round to it.
Yes it has Cruise Control, forgot to put in ad, I had it fitted due to motorway travelling.
Up for sale because we have a 3 year old boy and it's just too small for us. I have just bought an ex demonstrator Passat Estate top of the range for more space - got a deal on it that was too good to say no (probably because the mk 8 is just coming out!)

Cheers

Andy

Latest posts