grizzly

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Excellent work, make it look easy 8)

On the colour, has it been resprayed ever?
A deluxe of that age should be Savannah beige, although it does seem to fade quite badly.

Have you checked the M codes on the chassis plate (should be on bulkhead behind the drivers seat) to see what paint colour it's listed as? May even still have the paint code sticker there.

will the m code have the paint code on it the same as the stick on label, have been going through colour logic today to get a close match and tint it.

cheers biggles

have now took "grizzly" off the market he's now in the shop and being preped to paint the front end, windows out and should have the headliner here this week so it's all go.Got all the gearbox bits now so just need to finish the engine off. \i think the wedding weekend could see me burning the midnight oil building it up. Got a new toptint screen to go in. We have just cleaned all the inside of it, the drivers seat belt had been cut to get the driver out! non original front seats with two 6 mm bolts and a plank of wood holding them in a real choice job!!! My wife picked something up and said what's this? a dead mouse says i, you can imagine the rest lol. Get some pics up tommorrow,hoping to have it registered for Whitsun wish me luck.

cheers biggles 8)

biggles said:
will the m code have the paint code on it the same as the stick on label, have been going through colour logic today to get a close match and tint it.

cheers biggles

Yep, the m code plate has the paint code on it too. It just needs translating (why they used two different codes on adjacent plates, I don't know :roll: ).

Translate your full m code here:
http://www.vw-mplate.com/mcode.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

or just cut to finding out the paint code here:
http://www.type2.com/m-codes/t2colors.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

just got the mcode read it is Savanna beige so will tint from a stock colour and ignore the chips they are miles out.

cheers biggles

001.jpg

not updated for a bit have been really busy with grizzly and other stuff, if your in the motor trade you always got friends and relations! Grizzy is now sporting a new coat!! finally i got the time to paint it, engine all together should be in tommorrow, headlining has arrived, so IF i get any spare time this week should have the engine in, headlining and glass, i might even get to go away in it Whitsun what's the odds on that then. I had a few problems with the engine but got round it one way or another i have settled for a 1600tp, new barrels and pistons etc., looking really good have been using GSF lately as thay have a shop in Worcester now and deliver have been really helpful. Anyway here's a few more pics guys.

cheers biggles

005.jpg

020.jpg

grizzly4008.jpg

grizzly4011.jpg

grizzly4015.jpg

grizzly4016.jpg

grizzly4017.jpg

Looks good in its new clothes 8)

Engine looks sweet also - looking forward to the next part - please include pictures if you can of the headlining going in ;)

Looking good Lester

Think you need a better camera ;) , cant wait for the rebuild pics, looks a lot differant than that day in January on the jig :D

grizzly is now a driver!!! yep he can walk on his own four wheels lol. Just sorting the wiring had a problem with the fusebox but sorted that. Will be putting the headliner in tommorrow so i can get it water tight Tuesday. I might have an mot by the end of the week it depends on my spare time.I have put another couple of pics up but my phone seems a it crap lately.
grizzly6011.jpg

grizzly6010.jpg

grizzly6009.jpg

grizzly6002.jpg

cheers for now folks

biggles

:D Well what can I say this is Mrs biggles here! I am so excited I cannot wait to head off in "grizzly" for our first adventure! Today I have mostly been ......... helping to fit the headlining! Umm, big job took longer than we hoped and still not finished! But ran out of energy so it will have to keep for another day! However the trim for inside has come up a treat! :lol: So I have been doing my bit too! I would much rather get stuck in and help than have to do the girly thing and make awful garage tea, Yuck!

Well done to my hubby he is trying so hard to get it on the road asap! He is so clever at what he does, can't imagine there are too many people who would take on these projects? Hey ho, just means the diy at home and gardening has to wait! :| Face/bothered, NOT! :lol: XXX

PS Just a thought any other ladies out there who get involved?

hi folks not updated for a while sorry about that i've put a couple of pics up of the inside but not very good quality i'm afraid i think my phone is covered in overspray!. Anyway grizzly is now MOTed adwill be registered on Monday how cool is that. Just started to fit all the furniture, still loads to do, some bas**rd has nicked my front bumper! So now i'm looking for a pair of em folks, let me know if you have anything. I will be painting the rest of it in the next couple of weeks as i am not happy with the match. The electics were a bit of a game but i finally got it sorted. We are really looking forward to getting some miles on him.

cheers for now biggles 8)
grizzly7015.jpg

grizzly7012.jpg

grizzly7013.jpg