• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

::GROUP BUY:: Propex heaters.

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pete nice

Reaction score
I am looking to do a group buy on Propex gas heaters again for the camper. I did one last year with no problems. I can get these to some shows this year if they are paid for in advance. I won't be at VolksWorld & maybe not Dubfreeze now, but know enough people going to both. Our VW Fleet club has a stand booked for VolksWorld already. They can also be collected from Aldershot, Hants, or I can deliver on my travels if I am near by. I also have contacts in Birmingham & may well be up there soon.

I now have enough orders to supply an HS200 complete kit for £380 inc vat.

A 7 day timer can be offered for an extra £67 inc VAT if required. The kit comes with the thermostat, so a timer is not needed unless you need to programme it come on when you are not in the van.

It comes with the heater, ducts, outlets & thermostat. It can also blow cold air for summer.
http://www.propexheatsource.co.uk/air-heaters.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (It's the blue one).
hs2000tbl_1.gif

They will be in stock at Propex by 6th Feb.

I will collect them personally from Propex the week commencing Mon 8th Feb, so no shipping.

Let me know below of any interest?

Or call 07970 540757.

What is the standard list price for this? I can't find it in their web site.

Also is this the V1 or V2 model? I don't know the difference, but apparently the V2 is twin blown what ever that means :?: .

Will you post at my cost or does it require collection?

Thanks.

Baldrick said:
What is the standard list price for this? I can't find it in their web site.

Also is this the V1 or V2 model? I don't know the difference, but apparently the V2 is twin blown what ever that means :?: .

Will you post at my cost or does it require collection?

Thanks.

pretty sure its over £450 for everthing including piping and exhaust unless prices have come down.

ill pin this so people can add their name to the list

Cheers for the sticky.

It's the V1 single outlet. I had one in my last bay & was very toasty. I will be having one myself from this batch for the new van.

I was trying to avoid posting them to save on cost, If I can get them to a show then evryone is a winner. I think Senditnow.com will post it for £10.50.

Propex don't list prices on their site as they don't like selling single units, hence I am looking at at least 6.

If I can get 10 or more then the price will drop too. I might advertise on VZi & go all out for numbers, but it's a bit cheeky & will be more hassle for me. There is a thread on the SSVC too, so if enough interest the price drop will be good.

They are pretty easy to do. The tricky bit is using the hole cutter to cut the holes for the inlet & exhaust. There is a template in the box, so even that is not that hard. Use a slow speed on the drill with a hole cutter. The vent will have to be added somewhere too.

DSC00753.jpg

Under the rear seat is teh best place to mount it, but it could go in a cupboard or buddy seat.
DSC00754.jpg

You can buy screw fittings with olives from a caravan shop & I bought a can of leak spray from the Plumb Centre to squirt on all the joints afterwards with the gas turned on. As long as your joints are tight & are tested with the spray you will be fine. Just make sure the heater exhaust points the opposite way to the sliding door if you use an awning.

It should only take a few hours to do it properly. It really helps to have hole cutters.

The most common other supplier in the VW scene is doing them at £415 on offer, normally £425, so this is a good saving.

I'd be interested in this. Been considering one for a while. Van won't be on the road for a few months so no rush. Let me know :)

Propex will have stock on 6th February. That will be pretty much the cut off date. I will aim to collect them on Monday the 8th.

I should have final numbers by say the 3rd & can give a final price unless there is massive interest before that. Everyone on the list can then send payment & their heater will be here with me on the 8th all being well.

All I need at the moment is a name, number & how you want to receive it. PM me those details if you DEFINITELY want one. Actual numbers will effect the price to a point.

There were no problems last time.

Put me down for one Pete, I'll be over to you to collect if that's ok?

Cheers

Alex

can these ones be used while on the move?i had a 1600 last time and found it underpowerd and couldent be used while on the move.

I used to think not, but you can get a kit to duct the heat into the original air ways up to the screen, so the makers of the kit obviously think you can.

I think it is fine as long as the LPG doesn't get out of the bottle in liquid form. It works off the vapour in the bottle.

I have known people to use them on the move without any trouble. I personally have my gas bottle turned off while driving.

I am about to order one of these from JK so going through this group buy would make sense.
how much will they be if you manage 10 units?

Twiggy

I think £380 if I get 10 definites, which is a pretty keen price, a saving of £44 from JK.

http://www.justkampers.com/shop/type_2_bay/type-2-bay-vehicle-accessories/propex-heatsource-hs-2000-12-volt-j18073.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hey Pete, does it come down anymore if you get to 20?

I want one, but it's not on the top of the priority list - more of a finishing touch, I really should finish restoring my bus first :lol:

So, if they give you another price break at 20 people or something, then let me know I'll probably be in, but right now no.

Sorry to complicate :roll: :msn4:

Latest posts