GSF price rip off!! - what's going on?!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

our bus 68

Reaction score
So much for the amazing 45% off offer from GSF. I'm After a new clutch kit for my 68 so thought I could buy one with them.However comparing the same item....

PART NO : 189VG0051

Veewee Catalogue price (picked up from GSF) - £106.20
Veewee on line price £164.40
On line price for ordering with 45% £187.63

Finally I spoke to them and the price that came up in store was £121.00!

Almost tempted to contact trading standards...

EuroCarParts or carparts4less..

Just got a clutch for mine from Carparts4less (which is the same company as as ECP) for about £65..

GSF and Veewee prices have increased significantly due to their 30%-45% offers, making everything about the same price as they charged before.. Some stuff is still the same price, but very few..

Sent from my Siswoo C55 using Tapatalk

They've been taking the mick with them fake offers for a while now.

Most of their stuff is shite anyway

Jk, vwh and c&c all the way

They know what theyre doing cos its mostly aircooled ! the prices are high although some 45% stuff is good such as oil plus I recently bought a CAT for our mini and that was the cheapest I could find it

Well they have lost my business now with anything air cooled. However I picked up a set of Corsa brake pads for under £14!!

They've done it with a lot of stuff I was going to get some disks and pads for my daily would of worked out at just under £110 with discount. Ordered from another supplier in the end for exactly the same stuff £53 delivered within 48hrs .
So yeah they are a rip off

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Give up on gsf long time ago. As well as the discount fraud everything they sell is poor quality cheap sh1t3 anyway. Jk or vwh for me. At least vwh etc are honest on the website about quality of certain items

Always pays to price compare. They can never offer a real 45% discount on all they're stuff. Shop about and use them when it suits.

bac2ba6 said:
They've done it with a lot of stuff I was going to get some disks and pads for my daily would of worked out at just under £110 with discount. Ordered from another supplier in the end for exactly the same stuff £53 delivered within 48hrs .

Hi, who did you use? I need front discs & pads for my daily Sharan,
Cheers, Nick.

I'm pretty sure that inflating your prices and then giving a discount to lure people in is illegal.
I stoped using GSF this year after a fuel push rod was supplied that hadn't been hardened causing it to machine its self away, I took it back with receipt and due to it being outside of the warranty they refused to deal with it and refused to supply me the manufacturers name, in the end when I politely challenged the manger he raised his voice to me.
For this reason I will never use them again they are crooks.

NickJ said:
bac2ba6 said:

Cheers, Nick.
I used a company called click a motor part on eBay in the end . Sent them a message with reg number and details of car ect and they responded within an hour with a link to the correct parts bought them and were delivered really quick and fitted perfectly used them twice now and so far have been really helpful . Carnt remember the exact make of parts but they certainly fitted well with no dramas

bac2ba6 said:
NickJ said:
bac2ba6 said:

Cheers, Nick.
I used a company called click a motor part on eBay in the end . Sent them a message with reg number and details of car ect and they responded within an hour with a link to the correct parts bought them and were delivered really quick and fitted perfectly used them twice now and so far have been really helpful . Carnt remember the exact make of parts but they certainly fitted well with no dramas

Thanks for the info, just had a look at them and definitely a good saving to be made :D

Latest posts