Gustav_t´s 1972 "POBA-camper"

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First of the two bumper corners welded. Need to drill some holes for the rubbers.
More welding to be done over the holidays.

G.

Panels and innerpanels are welded in. B-pillar on left side as well.
I am not a panelbeater - But I can live with the result.

Attacked the rear panel yesterday. Wifey keeps talking about using it for summerholiday 2014 but the anglegrinder makes a lot of noise..

New skin is on and I sorted the rotten pillar next to it. No I only have to cover that repair and backend is DONE!

PS am I alone on this thread? :msn4:

I've noticed that girlfriend and wifey get mentioned, are they the same or have you got both ;)

Gustav_t said:
In Denmark those small indicators are all over the place because they are mandatory by law.
They sit on everything from beetles to old caravans.

Even today some new cars have side indicators added when arriving in Denmark.

G.

any chance you could source me a pair????

Make a search post on vwnettet.dk in the subcategori "Dele - alt andet".
Just make it in english. Every danish child understand english.

G.

Went around the right rear corner. Those are the cars original corners. Only needed small repairs.

Went right ahead with the dreaded heaterpipe panel. Will crack on welding on the new panel once I find out how the heater tubes are supposed to look if I want heat in the back of the bus. It used to have a Eberspächer and no other heating in the back.

And finally all the shiny stuff has started to arrive.

Cheers!

Thanks! Funny thing I read through Mollies entire transformation last night. Very inspiring.

Love it is a little exaggerated - Rust in your lunges and eyes - welding burns on your scrotum and feet.
No wonder a rustfree bus is 10.000 pounds.

Yesterday I hit an all time low as I strugled to get the fuel tank out. I couldn´t get it out.
And I dont want to weld in that panel with the tank in.... BOOOOM!

Keep lurkin´

G.

Gustav_t said:
...welding burns on your scrotum...
Ummm.. I think you're holding the welder wrong :msn4:

:lol:
Gustav_t said:
Yesterday I hit an all time low as I strugled to get the fuel tank out. I couldn´t get it out.
Make sure you've undone the straps (they're bolted to the body) and disconnect any breather hoses you can see.
Next you'll need to disconnect the filler hose and, assuming your tank has been drained, it's easier if you remove the outlet underneath too.
Other than that the only think I can think of right now that's holding it down is 40 years of effort :p

Got the tank out and the panel in. Lot of work involved in grafting om that one piece.

Latest posts