Heater leaver clips...Advice please

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pete The Greek

Reaction score
Hi
I need to take my dials out to install a new fuel guage but first have to disconnect the heater contol leavers..blue and red...There are some small white clips half way down each arm ( you have to look carefully under the dash to see them) that need to come out first but unfortunately they won't! Anyone know a good way to remove them or where to get some new ones? Not really sure what they're called but as I said, they are kind of white/clear and look like the top of a tiny traffic cone if that makes any sense?! About 5 to 10 mill in size.
Hope someone can help.
Cheers.
Pete.

I've had mine out, just pulled on it it while pinching the back of it with pliers. Think some have suggested slipping a small socket over the back to squeeze the tabs in while you pull it

Hope that helps

sparkywig said:
I got so pissed off trying to not break them I cut the f*ckers off in the end, and haven't bothered refitting new ones....

Likewise :mrgreen:

As above have left mine out pain to get them out with no top dash or Windscreen in so thought bugger trying get them out if I need to once it's all back together

Remove an leave removed is my advice the spring clips will hold them plenty tight enough :)

Dave

Latest posts