Hello everyone This is my rottern non walkthrough crossover

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lowblow

Reaction score
Hello everyone I am new to this amazing site. How is everyone. Right Ive been in the aircooled sins for just over 10years and its time to build a nasty beast. I ve got a 72 left hooker non walkthrough crossover with a devon pop top and its got factory cut windows. So it more of a crossdresser. Right hold on this bus is a wreck to many peoples eyes in my eyes if every panel gets replaced there still one more volkswagen on the road. The previouse owner tried to repair the bus but was more like asking a dog to weld. Im up for trying something new (not like that I have a good women and two great kids at home) but if you born to not do something dont carry on. Right it needs front floor, rear floor, nearly yes thats right nearly a complete chassis, complete front archs, rear archs, rear corners, all doors,complete inner and outer front the list goes on and on. But I dont care as this bus has vibe to it that you can just understand the bus (no I m not going mad, its hard to explain but you know when your vw has it). Oh it had a twist of lemon beam which brought it down six inch and a turned back end to match and no other mechanical items. So the plan is to make a bespoke suspension setup that is low, custom box or a five speed, a nice puffing and spiting turbo motor to eat chavs, Oh lots of welding and spraying, discs all round, camping interior so can take the family away plus lots more. Well moneys tight and time is tight. Lets say £4000 and 5 months you think Im mad but what is maddness, whos normal you, them or me? :lol: Well Ive started about two weeks ago not much but it shows its a project not for the faint hearted. Well thats it for now I will upload lots of pics in the next couple of days. Have great weekend Adam and family . Ps anyone got parts for me bus give us a buzz.

hiya n welcome!
sounds like you have your work cut out for you but theres plenty of help on here.
make a list of what you need and post it up, most of us have bits n bobs knocking about and finally.... pictures,pictures, pictures! :lol:

WOW you make my bus sound like a dream...haha

Good luck dude I think you can do it :D

and hurry with the pics I wanna she what the beast looks like :D

lowblow said:
...I've got a 72 left hooker non walkthrough crossover with a devon pop top and its got factory cut windows. So it more of a crossdresser...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

lowblow said:
...But I dont care as this bus has vibe to it that you can just understand the bus (no I m not going mad, its hard to explain but you know when your vw has it)...

I think we all know that feeling! :D

Welcome to the forum, can't wait to see the piccies!

;)

Thanks for the replies. I ll make a list of the parts I need. If any ones intersted I have some early bay repair panels ie front panel, front outer archs, front and rear floor repair panels going cheap ( not to the high standard I want), loads of late bay repair panels complete front archs, rear archs, rear corners, inner outer sills etc, baywindow servo and loads of beetle bits and bobs. These are from all the years dealing with vws and I am clearing it all out just to deal with bays with the odd bug here and there but nothing like I use to do. I m just taking more pics at the mo, oh I forgot to mention I other thing of tightness I ve decided to do the all the work in a single garage with a small workshop next to it (when built). I have decided to do it this way is because there are so many outstanding vws and buses as seen on this site coming out of the tight small places.

hey welcome, sounds like you got big plans, i would be lucky to get change out of 4K for the engine alone. but looking forward to following this resto thread.

All the work I am doing my self execpt engine balancing ect. Apart from that all in house.

Update dont buy from curry's. I brought my misses a all spanking and signing camera from curry's under a year ago AND ITS FU8KED. The little jumped up spotty balls hasnt dropped yet manager tells me sorry sir this camera is not made any more and there is no warrenty. Will see I said as I told him to fu8ck the company up his arse. Right then got that of my chest. All the pics I taken are as good as a dog welding. So tomorrow Iam uploading pics because me kind old man has lent me his camera. What a nice bloke. Progress front taken up rear floor now (they welded a replacement floor on top of the rottern floor :? ) Drawing up plans to lower rear floor and fit under floor storage, fuel tank and pos rad ( I may go water cooled because more bang for your buck). The old fuel tank is going into the bin and the space well youll have to wait and see. :lol: .

Latest posts