Hello From Cali

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

420goat

Reaction score
what's up? i see lots of cool rides, so i hope my bus comes close. its a 69 non-walkthrough deluxe. i bought it from a local shop that was taking parts off it since '89. since then ive done so much to give it a new life.

sevmes.jpg

2h6c70k.jpg

i also organize a meet where Transporters are welcome, we are on the third meet and im looking forward to the next, i may schedule it Sat on the Classic weekend.

xfzr84.jpg

qx7v4m.jpg

14xnd6c.jpg

r2rhxh.jpg

im in Wilmington California...a long ways from Sacto. but if you come down to the classic, check out our next meet. Thanks.

Bus looks great, what did you use for the front beam, dropped spindles? Boomerangs in the rear? I'm in Sacto too, have a shop in Woodland. That's the EXACT stance I want for my 70 single cab, have all the stuff for a full 944 conversion for my 71 panel. I'm leaving the 64 crewcab stock height for now, hoping to make Shasta next year.

420goat DON'T schedule it for Saturday of Classic weekend as it conflicts with the OCTO meet! I'll come any other weekend...

Hey woodslat good to see someone close by.

I am new to the Bay world so trying to study up and learn what to and what to buy.

Check out my bus thread
http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=14289" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I don't have it yet it is being delivered in the next 30 minutes (1am here and damn I am tired of waiting up) so looking forward to getting it to sit right and look right

I plan to update the thread as I progress and hope you guys do too.

Woodslat do you go to the NAG get together at the 2nd Sat of each month? If not you should fun get together s

Brian

woodslat said:
Bus looks great, what did you use for the front beam, dropped spindles? Boomerangs in the rear? I'm in Sacto too, have a shop in Woodland. That's the EXACT stance I want for my 70 single cab, have all the stuff for a full 944 conversion for my 71 panel. I'm leaving the 64 crewcab stock height for now, hoping to make Shasta next year.

420goat DON'T schedule it for Saturday of Classic weekend as it conflicts with the OCTO meet! I'll come any other weekend...

Thanks, im running a wagenswest ball joint/ bushing 4 inch beam and 2.5 inch spindles. horseshoes in the back . 63 15 inch splitty wheels. the beam is all the way up but one notch. i plan to tub it in the future. 165's 60 in the front and 205 60 in the back.

What is this ? California taking over the site now or what , Sacramento, Wilmington and San Diego that is the whole state from north to south. 8)
Are we quietly trying to take the buses back from the brits? :mrgreen:

Hello fella welcome and shit those busses are looking cool in that Cali sun.....mind you we've had a bit of sun of late in good old blighty....

Hello

Love the stance on the van, looks awesome. Gotta love teh way a bay shines in teh California sun!

8)

Mark

Glad to see you all here from both sides of the pond!

Well got time to go over my bus and found a few things not laid out in the ad or mentioned by the sellar.Bummer!

Poptop has some large cracks front and rear but I know how to do fiberglass so I can fix it just more time and money

sliding door has closing and opening issues so gotta look at it too and I might need help here cause this is my first slider so know zero about them.

Brakes dragging so bad three of us can't move it pushing. So going to adjust them and check everything over.

Has some dents in weird places that makes me worry it has been in an accident but everything else is so straight and clean not sure weird?

But ZERO rust under mats, under battery, rockers, NONE ANYWHERE! Great news there !

I will ad more photos soon, just to excited to be on computer gotta get back to working on the bus

B

i see at least three stunning bays there, that chianti red is beautiful, i wish we had more of your weather ;)

Maybe we should start a NorCal thread to get together more Bay people?

I think I will do it, lets all post there and get more people getting together there and see how many from Sac area are on here?

OK, GO HERE NOR CAL BAY OWNERS!!
http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=14599" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;