Hello (New member)

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jailed up

Reaction score
Been watching this forum for a while,only just registered though....Look forward to getting involved, and maybe in a line up or 2!! :D

Excelllent display at action by the way.....really wanted to sneak mine on the end :D

heres a couple of pics,before and after

westy1.jpg

westy9.jpg

BUSPICS002.jpg

welcome!

Looks like a transformation 8) - do you have any more piccies and info on when you got it, resto e.t.c.?

Cheers!

I have to agree.......sweeeet!

It would be good to hear more about this one, and as for the line up........it is an Early, so always welcome. 8)

Cheers for the kind words, After having various splits for the last 14 years practicality and finances made me think about a bay and with 2 kids etc a westy was ideal and obviously it had to be an early :D
I bought it about a year ago from a guy on here from cornwall called Alex i think. I bought it just from the pics and his description and he delivered it to me,the before pics were taken the day it arrived!!
It was pretty beaten up but very solid, I had to replace the lower front panel,both rear corners and the battery tray but all because of collision damage,not rot!
Being a painter by trade i cant help but make things shiny and i just knew it had to be montana red :D
The van was pretty much stripped to a bare shell and all the dents and surface rust taken care of. Apart from a bit of wiring its mechanically as it was and its never missed a beat or not started since ive had it so who am i to interfere 8).
Its by no means a show winner and i still have a list of jobs to do but im just using it :D
Heres a few more pics mostly taken back in march when i took it to the coast as a trial run before big bang. I am well chuffed with it considering im a (ex) Split man and im confident it would take me anywhere...Cheers :)
westy3.jpg

westy2.jpg

BUSPICS020-1.jpg

BUSPICS021.jpg

BUSPICS007.jpg

BUSPICS001.jpg

BUSPICS012.jpg

000_0005.jpg

Great Job. That's one cool looking bus 8)

Early Westie, my fave, Hope to see it around,

Latest posts