Help needed rebuilding standard seats

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davla

Reaction score
How the **** do you get the horsehair/coconut base over the seat frame??...........I've come to the conclusion that the new seat bases are just too small, I'm sure it should be a straight forward job :|

I got the ones from VW Heritage when on offer (think they are made by wolfsberg west)

They slid straight on? I even stuck thick towels underneath them to stop the coconut fibres coming off when they rub against the springs as I had no standard seat material

Did you defo get the standard cab seat ones? they do bucket seat ones as well which Im guessing are a different size?

Also its better to slide them on from the front, rather than try and fold the flaps over, as the husks can snap.

Hi, mine are also Wolfberg West but from JK. I’ve only tried the double passenger seat and it slides on easily from the front but there’s no way in a million years I’ll get the flap over the frame at the back as it’s about 10mm too short. I’ll try the driver seat later to see if that’s easier.

Latest posts