help please: unusual bay door, can't fit lock mech !!!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

starbug1

Reaction score
I am building a bay up at the moment and it has an unusual door ! The lock mech will not fit in as there is no 'bulge' (please see pictures). The drivers is fine and normal and i've checked my other bays which age from 1970 - 1980 and they all have the bulge...
Can anyone shine any light on this problem? And let me know if you know where i can get one from pref second hand.
Thank you ;-)

Can't up load the pictures? Keep getting this message: Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached.

The 'bulge' i am describing is just below where the loch mech/catch stick out through the door, next to where the door seal seats.

http://s790.photobucket.com/user/ebaypicsebay/library/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

photo23.jpg

Looks like you're missing the striker plate thing. Would be good if you could take a picture of the other door where you have the part in order for us to help identify.

There's a picture of both doors on the link. I understand it is a 1968 year only door... round hole rather than oval on the outside of the door where the handle fits.
Sadly i may have to modify the door to fit as it is a freshly painted bay...
Wonder what the door is worth ? ;)

Latest posts