Help please wing mirror loose...

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TimmyTimTims

Reaction score
Hi, noobie question. My wing mirror is loose so I tightened about a qtr turn, but it's still loose and won't stay where I put it. Should I just tighten it more? I'm afraid I'll over do it and snap the bolt, so was wondering if I should instead undo it and put a washer or grommet or something in? Any help appreciated!

(1971 LHD Westy from USA)

There should be a collar that tightens up against the door after the mirror is screwed in.

012-6.jpg

I have some blingy aftermarket ones, total crap! Wont tighten up, keep flopping down, wifey went to push one up while traveling at the weekend and it came totally out the hole in her hand :shock:

The moral of this is - use og mirrors :mrgreen:

simo

Thanks sparkywig. This is the bolt I tightened from your photo...
Screen%20shot%202012-04-11%20at%2023.40.04.png

I'm pretty sure they are OG, and the bolt seemed pretty tight to start with so I was a bit tentative about over doing it. Maybe I just need to give it another 1/4 turn or so. Oh, and I should say it flops in towards the window when driving fast (well not that fast obviously!) so I end up looking at myself in the mirror, not spinning down (like on my previous bus) :)

Ah ok thanks Sparkywig. I tightened it a fair bit more and it seems ok now. Interesting to know about the spring. If it is still an issue then perhaps I'll investigate that :)

Latest posts