Help with a viewing please

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wildfire

Reaction score
I'm after a bit of help please. There's a bus near Saltash Cornwall for sale on eBay (331555972802) that I'm really interested in but I'm in Suffolk so can't really 'nip' down to take a look!

Is there anyone close by in that area that wouldn't mind giving it a look over for me please?
I'm happy to pay fuel and obviously a bit of beer money for your trouble?

Thanks in advance

The item number isnt correct, do you have a link to the van?

Soz! Hopefully this is the link! Technology does get on my pips :-/

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=331555972802" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It depends on final price and what you want really. It looks full of filler down the long sill, and id expect that to be the case for many other areas not shown by the pictures. No picture of the sliding door closed, so Id assume the fit is not so good ;)

If the engine runs, then its a fireball waiting to happen! :shock:

I guess its a rhd UK bus thats been heavily repaired, filled and repainted and been the subject of various projects by well meaning owners that have passed the van on after a couple of years.

It'll need work and lots of it. It may run, and get through an MOT initially, but at some point sooner or later it will need some serious work done to it.

At a low price it could be worth a punt, but if I was interested , I'd bid blind, on the basis that it needs everything doing to it and expecting the worst and that its a long term project.

Value? Hard to say, but based on market values .... £5k absolute tops. Another £10k spent will get you a nice roadworthy rhd '69 .... is that right? :mrgreen:

Thank you :) I appreciate that. I'd emailed the bloke to ask for pictures of underneath, sills, arches etc but he replied telling me I'd left it a bit late but it was descent bus and it would need a bit of work!

To coin a phrase 'wot a load of shit!' If I wanted to take his word for it, I'd just bid on it!!

I could see from the pictures that the arches looked pretty bubbly and the sills looked a bit suspect but without a look underneath it could just be a tea strainer! Plus the paint job might be hiding a multitude of bodged but it's good to get an opinion off someone else.

Cheers :)

As Clem said above, if you look close it doesnt seem to have any of the seams on show down the long sider, a-post, arch, middle section etc. Looks like it has been filled/painted on a few occasions and bubbling through again

Take a quick look at this to give you an idea for a UK bus

http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=25837" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It looked good in the pics, and when i went to view it, but once i got my lump hammer and crowbar out to 'tap' it, it told a different story

Saying that it cost around 2k in panels and a lot of hours and it ws well on its way to a full resto before the 'incident' so nothing is unachievable.

For that money, and as i did, I'd go for a US import everytime

Our new bus came in, swapped the head/tail lights, front flexi brake hose and MOT'd ready to use for circa 5K. Obviously prices have gone up, but still a viable option.

If the engine bay is anything to go by how it's been looked after, I wouldn't touch it with a shitty stick! :shock:

Latest posts