help with technical terminology please

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sackmcgannay

Reaction score
looking ay buying a 1968 bus from usa..but dont understand some of the termonology in the advert. would really appreciate a short explanation and things to look out for when work like this has been carried out.

It has a link pin beam from a 64 single cab..." i've narrowed the beam 4.25 inches and flipped the spindels "

dropped plates rear 3.25

68 bus freeway flyer tranny the 3rd and 4th gears have been changed out. the 4th gear is a .77

how much value would this work add to a van... roughly?

Thanks for any help.

Hiya sack,

sackmcgannay said:
..........how much value would this work add to a van... roughly?

The real bone of contention is that you are assuming that the POs work actually adds value to the vehicle. For me this sort of lowering would detract substantially the amount I might be willing to pay.

And if your thought is more along the lines of "is this the way to do it?" then you really have to come face to face with the work itself. So many POs make their work (often hacks) sound technically brilliant. When the work is seen close up it leaves much to be desired - like some sort of quality. Try not to buy a pig in a poke if it is at all possible. There are unscrupulous folks over here in the States who will sell you shoddy goods because they know blokes in the UK will pay premium money and there is an ocean to separate them from any subsequent problems.

Bookwus said:
Hiya sack,

sackmcgannay said:
..........how much value would this work add to a van... roughly?

The real bone of contention is that you are assuming that the POs work actually adds value to the vehicle. For me this sort of lowering would detract substantially the amount I might be willing to pay.

And if your thought is more along the lines of "is this the way to do it?" then you really have to come face to face with the work itself. So many POs make their work (often hacks) sound technically brilliant. When the work is seen close up it leaves much to be desired - like some sort of quality. Try not to buy a pig in a poke if it is at all possible. There are unscrupulous folks over here in the States who will sell you shoddy goods because they know blokes in the UK will pay premium money and there is an ocean to separate them from any subsequent problems.

+1

Latest posts