Help with wire identification

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mat_1

Reaction score
Hi does any one know what these wires are for on the nearside (driverside lhd) of a 71 usa lhd

They are just infront of the rear wheel.

I have done all the wires on the other side lights etc and cannot see any reference to these in a wiring diagram. I think they went into the engine bay but forgot to take pics when dismantling (fire damage)

Theres a black one and a loom with 3 in just behind

Cheers
Mat

Dont think mine has wires comming out there (got a 70 lhd).Maybe something to do with a camper conversion your van may of had or has?

Rich

Ah good call i wonder if its something to do with a split charge system as the leisure battery was mounted on that side.

Good to know its nothing important as i think i have accounted for all of the necessary engine wires etc.

Cheers
Mat

Backup lights/reverse lights if i understood the wiring diagram correctly just seem to go from coil live to switch on gearbox side then to light bodies themselves as far as i can tell.

No interaction with the front of the bus at all from what i can tell but I'm no sparky!

Cheers guys thats that one solved!

Another annyoance is i have no ignition.

The thick red from the starter is live and so is a grey wire i believe, the red wire back to starter is not becoming live nor are about 3 other wires out of the switch.

Obviously suspect faulty switch is there any way to check it out im not getting any dash lights either and how do i hotwire in the meantine whilst im waiting for parts?

Maybe somebody could pm the last bit as it may be unsuitable for public forum.

Cheers

Latest posts