• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Heres some new panels Im getting made up

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nic B-C said:
Hes workng on the battery tray at the minute but to be honest im not overly keen on producing them as you can already buy them elsewhere off the shelf.

Hi!

I guess is depends on the final price, as if it is viable?? Keep us posted though about the battery tray?!

Regards,

Alistair

Will do I have one at workshop but Im not happy with profile yet, cant check properly as only got a crossover and a late in at the minute

Sounds like you are a busy man dood 8) keep up the good work. 8)

Im just coordinating otherpeople are making these up for me Im too busy cutting up and welding the damn things hence I know what panels are needed out there

If you could supply ones to copy from Im sure he could do them, there is a company in US already doing them though dont know if you ahve seen them, advertised in last few VW Trends

New front panel bulge panels now made in steel simply cut out a square and either spot in or sikafix new panel which is joggled from inside. Has correct curvature to just slot in.

Just made up some slot in indicator clamps as well, new design that clip in or can be welded in place.

Pics to follow tomorrow

Ive also pre bent some indicator holes to see if i can bend the lips in rather than weld

Im just about to start the conversion of a new front panel into an early bay fron for a crossover bus so i will add pics when done.

Then I will get onto getting some of these bits produced properly and give you all some prices, sorry about the dealys but guy making themis also rebuilding an early bay i sold him

Just about to start producing 67 only rear valances for bugs in glass as well, just had a mould delivered from a mate who got it from America

Latest posts