• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Heres some new panels Im getting made up

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nic B-C

Reaction score
Heres the first mockups.

Side cover runners

newpanels003.jpg

origional
newpanels004.jpg

The rear piece is going to be made a couple of mm higher

Early bay Indicators
newpanels005.jpg

newpanels006.jpg

The next ones will have a folded over flange as well :)

Split and early bay rear light enclosures

newpanels007.jpg

ll will be plasma cut

Had some B pillar repairs made up as well :)

mail me if interested or need other bits reproducing and i will see what i can get made as I know there are some bits you simply cant get hold of

Ive got to work out pricing when Im happy with what is there cam you mail me on [email protected] and i will get back to you then.

Just got an early lower front panel today to test fit the parts in

If theres any other panels needed can you post on here and I will look into them getting made

Based upon the bits that I think we need for our bus... what about cab steps, sills and b-posts?

The handle depression to convert a late sliding door to an early one (right hand drive)

A complete early front, would have to be basically a late one with an early style apron, early indicator housings, covered high indicators and badge bump removed.

crossover front arch and step (early step but with a late lip on the arch)

Cant think of any other hard to find bits.

wibbler said:
A complete early front, would have to be basically a late one with an early style apron, early indicator housings, covered high indicators and badge bump removed.

Or the windscreen bulge with A pillars.

I'd be interested in the rear indicator repairs though. :)

Hi all,

wont be able to make anything with complex pressings etc but anything which can be cut and folded should be OK.

Things like crossover steps would be modified late steps with captives welded in via a piece being cut out of back of step and then rewelded or left as a flap.

Schofields are offering an early front panel custom made which is a late panel with blanking plates, low front panel and clamps in for light but bulge for badge has not been removed as they say this panel is too thin to weld succesfully.

Pieces Im looking at doing are ones which nobody else is doing or complement existing panels.

It may be possible to extend the rear light housings to include edge to edge but we need good solid bus to copy from.

Have done some B pillars but once again already being done but can be made higher than normal ones for that extr high rot which is always about an inch or two above existing pieces.

If you let us know what sort of clamps you are after we can certainly have a look for you.

At present all pieces will be made from galv but can be made from straight steel.

Just let us know

Ive also had some basic rock and roll hinges made which are now powdercoated which are £40 a set pics to follow.

Im only bolting these at the minute but hope to get next batch rivetted

...............................since your doing stuff in glass how about rhd pedal trays......deluxe spare wheel cover........radio blanks.............

....in metal Eb front grills....

will email you soon about the front holes :wink:

Ive spent time removing the air system from a crossover today with 70mm pipes.

So will be sussing out best way to get complete system reproduced for ease of fitment

Ok got next samples through, the correct dimensions for the side cover carrier are now done so i can offer this for sale its looking like it will be about £25 but we are going to have to sort postage prices out properly, as they will have to come in a tube full of packing.

Got the new indicator holes but we have had to weld on the lip to get it correct as cant roll the panel once the edges are bent.

We are therefore going to offer the rear light clamps with a special locating tool to place them in the correct position as well.

Also noted that early bay and changeover bays have different manufacturing on the clamps. Earlies have a flat clamp with folded edges whereas crossover ones have a swaged clamp on back piece with no edges.

Got first dummy of a battery tray today with custom reinforcement swages in.

we are now looking at best wat to produce a panel to remove the disc on the front of replacement front panels, we have a few ideas but gonna get the contour on the piece made first and then go from there.

Hes workng on the battery tray at the minute but to be honest im not overly keen on producing them as you can already buy them elsewhere off the shelf.

Got some more bits made up now.

First one is for a late bay and its the end closing panels either side of the deformation panel.

Next panel we are just getting done is a blank to fill the front panel replacement where the bulge is. This is a sheet about 30cm swuare with a flanged edge so it can be let in from behind and glued in with sikafix or similar to avoid any heat distortion. We are cutting this swaure so it will be easy to drop in rather than just cutting out a circle so anyone should be able to do it.

Next will be indicator blanks to convert the late front panel.

Latest posts