Hessich Oldendorf 2013 - The world biggest Vintage VW show

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aspro

Reaction score
Clear the show calendar folks. We need to get organised for this epic event. If we miss this one you'll have to wait till 2017 for the next.

Thinking about organising a convoy/ roadtrip if anyone else is interested.

No solid plans as yet but thinking about leaving on the Thursday afternoon and spending a night in Antwerp Belgium. Waking up Friday morning to make the drive to the Wolsburg factory museum. Spending the day there and driving into Hessich on the Saturday morning or the Friday evening. Possibly do EBI on the trip home. Open to suggestions. Who's in?

Over 800 cars registered for the show already. Sorry no bays on display but you will see some of the worlds nicest and oldest bus' and bugs.

http://www.uraltkaefer.de/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

907575.jpg

Sounds like a plan. http://convoy.bbt4vw.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Who else is going?

I'm going, albeit via a free Air Miles flight to Hannover.
The convoy didn't arrive at Hessisch till late afternoon on the Friday 4 years ago. In other words if you go on the convoy you miss the best part of the first day of the show. Why not travel a day earlier if you haven't got time restraints in order to maximise your time there.

Was already sorted with hotels either side of this show, now registered for the convoy and will re-jig the plans to head south from ferry to take in bbt's open house on thursday pm.
Missed freddyfiles this march due to other commitments so this is a bonus -
You just can't beat being in a massive line of aircooled smileyness! :)

Anyone else on this trip?

Ed & Gayle

Bumping this up folks. 10 days to go. Who's still going? Thinking I might take the caravan and camp in comfort.

Yes, looking forward to it!
Spoke with several people at the Bristol Volksfest over the weekend who are also going - Phil from the SSVC and Dave from South Wales.

You guys camping in the village with everyone else? Emailed Thomas one of the organisers and he has said even though the rules say only pre 67's in town, bay can still camp there with everyone.

Yes the campsite allows anyone, as its just on the edge of town up the hill.

Last time there were a couple of bays that managed to sneak in to town, and there were plenty of modified pre-67 buses etc around town.

You are going to love it :)

I am sure there were sone caravans there last time. I think the website mentions elec hook up somewhere but not 100 percent sure.

EgoTrippin said:
I am sure there were sone caravans there last time. I think the website mentions elec hook up somewhere but not 100 percent sure.

Cheers Steve. Hopefuly see you at the show.

Yep we are still on.....Harwich night ferry Wed; Thurs to BBT afternoon/evening then convoy to the show although we are hotelling it just out of town on Fri/Sat.
The bus is still short of a few comforts for Mrs J!
Earlybay rear window sticker and candy green/white 72 means you know its Ed and Gayle,
come and say Hi!

ps there's about 200 UK aircooled registered for the BBT convoy so there must be plenty of people from the various forums.....not much traffic on here or vzi which is where I u
sually drop into

Latest posts