Hi Earlybays !!!!!!!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Christian

Reaction score
Hi everybody.

Got your site from my mate Alex (Der Schlammschaber Bus)

I love it!!

Got my '69 Danbury back in '99.I bought it from a vicar down on the south coast for £600 who had owned it from new.Apparently he used to ferry around the local congregation down for trips to the seafront,but for years before i got it he used to use it as his greenhouse in his garden!!(You can't get one of those from B&Q!)

We even got pulled over by the local police on a little maiden voyage along the beach front (no dash,wires all over the place.)Who asked us did the van used to belong to the old vicar.He then went on to tell us he remembered it from the early 70's and at one point was always pulling him the over for speeding!!!

Anyway,after the usual love/hate resto (more hate than love most of the time) we got it finished and would'nt change it for anything!

I love all VW's but there is nothing better than seeing a van in the distance,catching up with it and seeing that its an early bay!!!

I'm lovin everybody's van's on the site...resto,rat,stock,custom & commercial.....they aint no split's.... but that why we love them.

chers
Christian.

welcome to the forum dude :D

i like to catching up on the motorway and seeing if :D its a early bay or split.

earl bay gets my smile any day

Welcome to the site and the world of the early bay, not many splits to be found in these parts! 8)

Very difficult to catch up! I usually go behind Bruces bus and his draft pulls me along!

Usually though its people trying to keep up with Bruces :lol: 8)

swartie said:
yep thats the only reason i like trucks, i try time it right to slipstreem a truck up a hill

You can catch up with trucks - WOW :lol:

Welcome.

I like surprising cars as i go flying by!

Managed to get in convoy with a line of Mercedes Sprinters on my last outing, got in their slipstream and got dragged along nicely.

Truck drivers love the van i usually get a wave or flash to pull back infront of them.

That is the really cool thing about truckers as they let vws in as they know they are struggling, but they have not got the same temper if a volvo etc trys the same thing. 8) 8)

Thanks for the welcome guys!

I wasnt overtaking anything when it looked like this!

11.jpg

12.jpg

7.jpg

4-1.jpg

What state is it in now? all resto done? 8)

cool! i will have a gander :wink:

I have to agree about catching stuff up on the motorway

is it a split

is it an early bay

of course early bays are better, but it's generally easier to catch splits :wink:

hello tintop, your avatar is my van :D do i know u? where in leeds r u?

Latest posts