Hidden antenna recommendation

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Blaupunkt used to do a virtually invisible aerial for about £35, you had a central disc with 2 hairline wires adheared to the window either side. Worked ok on my old bug -you can just make out the 'wires' on the top of the screen

matt_pistol.jpg

http://www.bluespot.co.uk/car-audio.aspx/7617495142-aerial" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

What about this? It's £30 but looks good and the reviews seem promising.

I've just bought a windscreen mounted one off Amazon for £4. See how it does but not holding out much hope to be honest :lol: I'll be going for this if all else fails!

I spoke to someone who runs a car audio shop today and said that in a van he would be amazed if it worked, especially if mounted under the dash top.

My other issue is that I have a heated screen so it can't be located anywhere near there, however I do have a sunroof so I will look at the possibility of locating near there.

Look forward to the £4 amazon review :D

Ryanmck1984 said:
curly head said:
Look forward to the £4 amazon review :D

Well what can I say....it worked! Didn't wire in the 12v signal booster and mounted it on the bottom of the window. So far so good!
Good news, do you have an image or link of what you bought?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Autoleads-RMA819-Replacement-Aerial-Internal/dp/B001AIPF06/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1365454656&sr=8-1&keywords=internal+car+aerial" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Had a play about with it again and it's now coming and going with the signal.
I'll have to wire in the "amplifier" and see if that makes a difference.

All in all worth the £4 I would say but beware it does look cheap as hell! :lol: :lol:

I wonder, could you fit it behind the front grill and pass the wire through the air ducting somehow, might get a better reception with it that way and it will still be hidden?

Padwah said:
I wonder, could you fit it behind the front grill and pass the wire through the air ducting somehow, might get a better reception with it that way and it will still be hidden?

I never thought of that. Could be a good idea and the van would act as an amplifier I reckon. I'll try it next time I'm at the bus.

I have a normal aerial mounted behind the passnger seat, it acts like normal so can only be seen when the radio is in use :mrgreen: perfect reception every time 8)

Ryanmck1984 said:
Is it bolted to the bulkhead panel behind the seat?

It is indeed 8) much easier. Have a looksy on my bus thread im sure there are some piccies on there :mrgreen:

Latest posts