Hillend, Rhossili warning

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

onlybayinthevillage

Reaction score
Year of Your Van(s)
Van Type
1972 XO
Took a snap decision to go surfing at the weekend (25/10) and drove down to the non bookable site at Hillend in Llangenith, Rossili. The one field that was open was full and i was directed to the car park area and told i could stay there. Luckily i chose to put up only a small tent for my bags etc and not the full awning as i was told at 4pm along with all other campers in the area that they were not insured for tents outside of the main field and that we would have to take them down or leave!
I was ok as we were sleeping in the van anyway but many had to leave and were livid as it was late in the day. On top of that the shop was nearly empty of stock (running it down for end of season) and only opened for an hour or so on the Sunday morning. The main shower block was closed so we had to use the outside showers. I wouldn't have minded if their web site had told you this and the fee for the night was not still the same peak price of £22.50!!!
Beware of out of season camping!

Latest posts