Holly is nearly complete....few pics

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi!

That looks great, I like the roof trimming a lot, I think I prefer that over a new wood head lining for my Westy, might have to see if i can find a beige/tan colour. Can I ask where you got it please? Was it easy to go around the corners?

Cheers,

Alistair

Thanks Alistair,i would think the van would be a bit quieter than with the wood lining as it would reduce the drumming IMO.It was very easy to work with and getting round corners was no prob either as it has a bit of stretch in it.
They do a tan colour which i wish i had brought it the first place as we have tinted windows and its a bit dark now, but having a devon roof i was concerned about getting grease on the tan colour .......plus two boys , bmxs, skateborards and surfboards. You get the picture greys a bit more forgiving :lol:
will find u the ebay number

MisterListerSir said:
Thanks Alistair,i would think the van would be a bit quieter than with the wood lining as it would reduce the drumming IMO.It was very easy to work with and getting round corners was no prob either as it has a bit of stretch in it.
They do a tan colour which i wish i had brought it the first place as we have tinted windows and its a bit dark now, but having a devon roof i was concerned about getting grease on the tan colour .......plus two boys , bmxs, skateborards and surfboards. You get the picture greys a bit more forgiving :lol:
will find u the ebay number

Hi,

That would be handy, thanks!

Alistair

item number:261180418000 Couldn't find tan colour with this company, but this is the product i purchase, good price as the glue is expensive on its own.

MisterListerSir said:
As requested a few photos of the van on its first family outing in Newquay . My new-born slept all the through, my six year old had a asthma attack, the dog slid around in his box cos I forgot to put his blanket in and my wife didn't stop complaining about THE STRONG SMELL OF WAXOYL!!!!! Never mind I was loving it :mrgreen:

IMGP3193_zps632a4452.jpg

IMGP3190_zps9c27840e.jpg
Yep been there and heard exactly the same wax oil smell moaning from my dear lady p.s your van is a real credit to you she's a real stunner and a great piece of inspiration to the rest of us trying to keep these old girls looking there best on petty amounts of cash keep up the good work john

Finally got to work on a top locker, all made out of left over wood and paint, hand painted it with some old two pac I had for the wheels and the wood came off my old r&r bed......I love a free project, I even blagged an old skateboard deck from a local skate shop for the door :lol:

Wrapped the base in some leftover material I had for the roof lining so it matches nicely. Still got to do the door and of course add.stickers.....Like I've said before, its not a pro job but I didn't pay a pro either :D

kick panel speakers from halfrauds great value at £20 sound great too. refitted the right hand site one with some leftover crappy mdf but still better than the old one.

the old one

the new one

Took it for a test drive to Porthtowan and for a picnic, nice to feel hot sand under our feet for a change :lol:

Latest posts