Homemade parcel shelf

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Padwah

Reaction score
Wasn't sure whether to start a new thread or stick it on my old one but anyway, thought you guys might like to take a look at the under dash parcel shelf that my Dad made for the van. We were supposed to be working on it together but whilst I was at the Isle of Wight festival he was tinkering in my van again and knocked this up.

dash003.jpg

dash002.jpg

dash001.jpg

dash004.jpg

It uses two of the bolts for the fresh air boxes, I think that's what they are, at the front and we (he) made two brackets that attach under the dashboard but it did require the drilling of one hole to add a bit of support around the split for the hand brake.

Going to be fitting some speakers in to it later in the week so I'll add some more photos once it's finished :)

looks spot on, looks like he did a good job of sticking to teh contours of the van.

Mark

Yeah, he got through our whole collection of hardboard! TBH he's done a blinding job, far better than I think I could have done.

Nearly finished this now. I've wired in the stereo and fitted the speakers and crossovers to the parcel shelf and I've fitted the tweeters in to the fresh air vents mounted in a hardboard base plate covered with black vinyl. Unfortunately it's not the best matching vinyl so it does stick out against the dashboard but it looks far better than when I sprayed it gloss black!

IMG_0354.jpg

IMG_0356.jpg

IMG_0358.jpg

Latest posts