horseshoe and 1 spline?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Analog

Reaction score
does anyone have any pictures of their bus with the above please? is it a definite notch job?

pictures side on and driveshaft clearance would be appreciated.

I don't think you can get the wheel off with that setup

i will check his thread,

so with horseshoes and no splines is it lower than just a spline drop on its own without them?

Ive got this setup but its on a 72 flared rear arch's 185/65/15 tyres on Empi5 wheels. I had to roll the arch to get the wheel on/off and remove the casting on the bottom of the torsion housing so the spring plate would go lower.
Notching Id say yes because on two splines as my bus was before the drive shaft hit the chassis and this is lower than 2 splines.
You could fit adjustable spring plates with the horseshoes and leave the casting/rolling alone and I'm sure the wheel would be very easy to remove but I'm a tight git :lol:
Oh and with the rear this low you will want drop spindles to level it out but then I think you will have beam issues hitting the road with a ball joint set up....Dave

See what I mean about the front being high :(

bandq.jpg

.......Dave

thanks guys 8)

so Dave that is horseshoes and one spline drop, the front does look a tad high, have you got the front beam adjusted?

Analog said:
thanks guys 8)

so Dave that is horseshoes and one spline drop, the front does look a tad high, have you got the front beam adjusted?

Yes it is on adjusters and its set at its lowest,when me and the Mrs are in it it sits a tad lower,doesn't rub or catch on anything because its not low enough :lol: to make it level out its got to go about 2 inch lower but then things are going to start catching and theres not enough travel left in the ball joints to go lower.
...Dave

You can get the wheel off easily enough, it just needs the bottom bolt popping out of the shock.

out of interest, anyone used adjustable spring plates AND horseshoes out back?

antoine said:
out of interest, anyone used adjustable spring plates AND horseshoes out back?

I purchased WW horseshoes and BusBoys adjustable spring plates to address the problem of removing the rear wheels. I haven't installed them yet as I only got them last week. I will update my build thread when they're installed...

Latest posts