Horsham VW Meet 1st Saturday of the Month Every Month!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soundcatcher

Reaction score
Year of Your Van(s)
Bay-less
Van Type
N/a
Hi all. I'd like to invite you all to the Horsham VW Meet which is held the first Saturday of every month, come rain, wind, snow or show.

We've been running since November last year. It was born out of a realisation that there weren't many meets in our area. Nick (mclarni) and myself both being members of TheSVWOC had the choice of 2 monthly meets. One in Lagney and one in Shoreham By Sea. Both mid week and both in the evening. We decided that as we could rarely make those we wondered who was in a similar situation? We also wanted it to be family friendly, so we decided upon the first Saturday of the month at 3pm at The Hornbrook Inn, Horsham, West Sussex. From the ammount of people who have attended so far it would seem quite a few!

Being children freindly is also great as most of us have children (I've got 4) who we have brainwashed into the VW way. It's really just a good excuse to get out of the house on a Saturday afternoon and meet up and have a drink with like minded people. If you have a VW.......No matter what shape or form.....we'd love you to bring it along.....If it's not on the road or you haven't got one yet that's fine too! It's more about the people than the vehicles. Having said that it' always nice to fill up the car park with V'Dubs. There's a website up and running for the Horsham VW Meet which is updated regularly and has a gallery of photo's from all the meets. Speaking of which if you come along and take some photo's please send them to us and we'll see if we can include them in the gallery.

So it would be great to see you on the 3rd of July if you’re in the area at about 3pm at The Hornbrook Inn, Horsham, West Sussex.

Here's the pubs details just in case you don't know where it is...... The Hornbrook Inn

For those of you who haven't made it yet. There's a good sized car park with sensible sized spaces for your pride and joys to wait for you in. The Landlord of the Hornbrook plans to save us an area as this has become a successful regular event. The beer garden is full of shaded tables.......And a sofa! Well behaved dogs are allowed in certain area's of the pub. I'm sure members from The Sussex VW Owners, West Sussex VW Owners & Club 80-90 will be out in force as usual.

If you can't make it along this month, we meet up the first Saturday of every month at 3pm. This isn't a club event. It's open to all… However it is a family affair. So feel free to bring your children with you..….Mine will be there!

There's good beer.....The guest ales are always great!

The staff are friendly and they serve food from noon ‘til 9.30pm.

From noon ’til 5pm they do a lunchtime menu starting at £5.99 for 1 course, £7.99 for 2 and £9.99 for 3 courses.

They have baby changing facilities and dogs are allowed in the pub (in selected areas).

Oh and did I mention that when you come along to the meet you can get 10% off Tents, Awnings and accessories at Camping World (terms and conditions apply) next door to the pub. You'll need a discount card which you can get from me on the day! This discount is only available on the first Saturday of the month so don't try using the cards at any other time or you will be disappointed!

Hope to see you there.

Andy

Fantastic turnout for todays meet. Thanks to all that came along! 8)

Fabulous sunny weather and good company!

Here's the pics :D

P7030738.jpg

P7030739.jpg

P7030740.jpg

P7030742.jpg

P7030743.jpg

P7030745.jpg

P7030746.jpg

P7030749.jpg

P7030750.jpg

P7030751.jpg

P7030752.jpg

P7030753.jpg

P7030754.jpg

P7030755.jpg

P7030757.jpg

P7030759.jpg

P7030760.jpg

P7030761.jpg

P7030763.jpg

P7030764.jpg

P7030767.jpg

P7030769.jpg

P7030770.jpg

P7030771.jpg

P7030772.jpg

P7030773.jpg

P7030774.jpg

P7030766.jpg

Nick

As Nick say's it was a great turnout. Great to see you all and if you didn't make it this month maybe you can come along in the future. As ever there are loads more photo's in the Horsham VW Meet's Gallery pages. Just click on July to see this months pictures.

See you in August! :D

Just a quick reminder that the next Horsham VW Meet is on the 7th of August at 3pm The Hornbrook Inn Horsham, West Sussex.

At July's meet a suggestion was made to have a parts section on the site. So after much deliberation 'Saturday Swap Shop' was born.

The idea being that if you have some spare parts that you want to sell or you're looking for something, then send us an email to Saturday Swap Shop and we'll post them on the website!

Please make sure your email contains the following information....Please put 'Sale' or 'Wanted' in the subject line. A brief description of each item, Whether it's for sale or wanted, How much you want for your item, Your contact details (these will not be openly displayed on the page and will be sent only to parties showing interest in your listing). Oh and a picture would be great too! You can either arrange to get the parts shipped or arrange to collect them at the next Horsham VW Meet on the 1st Saturday of every month.

For now we'll list it manually, we're working on an automated system at the moment.

Listings will be left up for 90 days or until we're told it's no longer required.

Did I mention it's FREE!

Just one more thing......Anyone turning up to a meet and setting up a table or an area of parts they have for sale will be politely asked to tidy them away as it's a pub car park and not a car boot sale!

Don't forget that when you come along to the meet you can get 10% off Tents, Awnings and accessories at Camping World next door to the pub (terms and conditions apply) . If you don't already have a discount card you can get one from me on the day!

Hope to see you there

Andy

Just a quick reminder that the next Horsham VW Meet is on the 4th of September at 3pm The Hornbrook Inn Horsham, West Sussex.

Don't forget about 'Saturday Swap Shop'.
If you have some spare parts that you want to sell or you're looking for something, then send us an email to Saturday Swap Shop and we'll post them on the website!

Please make sure your email contains the following information....Please put 'Sale' or 'Wanted' in the subject line. A brief description of each item, Whether it's for sale or wanted, How much you want for your item, Your contact details (these will not be openly displayed on the page and will be sent only to parties showing interest in your listing). Oh and a picture would be great too! You can either arrange to get the parts shipped or arrange to collect them at the next Horsham VW Meet on the 1st Saturday of every month.

For now we'll list it manually, we're working on an automated system at the moment.

Listings will be left up for 90 days or until we're told it's no longer required.

Did I mention it's FREE!

Just one more thing......Anyone turning up to a meet and setting up a table or an area of parts they have for sale will be politely asked to tidy them away as it's a pub car park and not a car boot sale!

Don't forget that when you come along to the meet you can get 10% off Tents, Awnings and accessories at Camping World next door to the pub (terms and conditions apply) . If you don't already have a discount card you can get one from me on the day!

Hope to see you there

Andy

It was a busy one today. Lots of new faces along with the regulars. Thanks to all that came. It was great to see the Karmann coachbuilt campers. There was a good turnout of Beetles, Buggies, Splits, Bays & T25’s.

Here’s some pics to get you started……

4th%20September%202010%20Pic%201.JPG

4th%20September%202010%20Pic%2010.JPG

4th%20September%202010%20Pic%2017.JPG

4th%20September%202010%20Pic%2024.JPG

4th%20September%202010%20Pic%2045.JPG

4th%20September%202010%20Pic%2057.JPG

4th%20September%202010%20Pic%2064.JPG

4th%20September%202010%20Pic%2069.JPG

4th%20September%202010%20Pic%2072.JPG

More can be found here at the Horsham VW Meet's Gallery page for September.

Don't forget about 'Saturday Swap Shop' and the 10% discount at Camping World

See you in October.

Andy

Just a quick reminder that the next Horsham VW Meet is on the 2nd of October at 3pm The Hornbrook Inn Horsham, West Sussex.

Yes I know it massively clashes with Brighton Breeze. But when we set the meet up we always said that we wouldn't move it so that anyone can just turn up if they are in the area assured that the meet will be on.

Don't forget about Saturday Swap Shop and also when you come along to the meet you can get 10% off Tents, Awnings and accessories at Camping World next door to the pub (terms and conditions apply) . If you don't already have a discount card you can get one from me on the day!

If you're going along to Brighton keep your eye's peeled for Nick. If not then why don't you come along to the Hornbrook and say hello!

Hope to see you there,

Andy

Not the busiest of days at the Horsham Meet today. Not that we were expecting a packed car park as just in case you didn't know it was Brighton Breeze today. We got some drinks and sat down in the Hornbrook and I said to Anne that if no-one turns up by 4pm we're off. I gave Nick a call over at Brighton and he said that he's just about bumped into most of the 'regulars' down there. So we prepared to drink up and go home.

Just then the V'dubs started rolling in.... Well 3 of them! 2 were locals too..... They had to start coming out of the woodwork sooner or later!

So not the busiest of afternoons but a very enjoyable one talking to the people who turned up. Including the latecomers in the T4. Who as you can see had come from Brighton Breeze on their way home.

Anyway, as ever here's a couple of pics from today.

2nd%20October%202010%20Pic%201.JPG

2nd%20October%202010%20Pic%209.JPG

2nd%20October%202010%20Pic%2017.JPG

More can be found here at the Horsham VW Meet's Gallery page for October.

Don't forget about 'Saturday Swap Shop' and the 10% discount at Camping World

See you in November.

Andy

i'm all for local meets and such, but wouldn't it have been best to have postponed a meet a few miles away from one of , if not, the biggest perennial event's on the south coast? and then you too could have enjoyed brighton breeze.
:shock:

Analog said:
i'm all for local meets and such, but wouldn't it have been best to have postponed a meet a few miles away from one of , if not, the biggest perennial event's on the south coast? and then you too could have enjoyed brighton breeze.
:shock:

We did deliberate over that one. But we had always said that we wouldn't move the meet so that people can just turn up without having to consult t'internet and be assured that there will be someone there. And I'm glad that we did as the people who came along weren't fans of Brighton Breeze and chose to come along to our meet instead. ;)

It's no great shakes that we didn't go to Brighton as it's hard enough to keep the children entertained down there if it's sunny let alone if the weather is a bit in-clement. especially as my youngest is only 5 months old and he certainly wouldn't have appreciated it much! Oh and should I mention that my 3 girls would have given me an ear bashing for dragging them around in the rain. Kind of the reverse of 'are we there yet?'

Feel free to quote me on this when next year we postpone the meet to go to Brighton for the day! :lol:

Remember, remember the 6th of November…..It’s the next date for the Horsham VW Meet and we’ve had an idea so I thought I’d get it out there in the open to gauge reaction and get things organised in advance. So what with it being the day after Guy Fawkes Night we thought it might be fun to meet up at the Hornbrook Inn as normal, but instead of us all going our separate ways why not go for a cruise to a firework display?

So here’s where you get to have your say! Do you have a suggestion as to where we should go?

I know of a few displays on the Saturday in the Horsham area.

Our local and favourite is at the Broadbridge Heath Village Centre. They always have a Huge Bonfire and a great display put on by Aurora Fireworks. There’s burgers, sausages and soup available as well as hot drinks to warm you up.

Horsham Rugby Club (Roffey I think) has a display on but there’s no details on that as yet. I'll work on that one....

Southwater has its firework display also on Saturday. It’s a ticket only event. Which are available in advance and there might be a limited number left on the gate.

So it’s over to you guys to either suggest a different event or say yes to one of the above.

Living in a democratic society we’ll listen to all your views and ideas and then Nick and I will make a decision based upon info gathered from all of the forums. So get in touch and let us know what you think and we’ll hopefully see you at the November meet!

Andy

Okay, quick update on the fireworks display idea.

I've just found out that the Horsham Rugby Clubs display and entertainments should be a good one but just like the Southwaters display it's a ticketed event and considering that If you're reading this then you're on one of 19 forums that this message is posted on, then getting all those potential people to be organised enough to buy tickets in advance might turn into tears.

So unless someone comes up with a better suggestion we'll be going to the Broadbridge Heath display.

We'll leave the Hornbrook Inn a bit early to get some parking. As we'll be a bit early we'll all head on over to the local pub to keep warm and have a quick drink before the bonfire is lit! :beerchug:

See you there.

Andy

Hiya, I’ve been meaning to update you all about a new section available on our site called SparkPlugs. I’ll be updating it regularly with stuff to make and do for younger people and the young at heart.

With Halloween coming up there’s a section on there with pumpkin templates and for those of you who are first timers there are some instructions too.

See you next month

Andy

Hi all, just a quick reminder that the Horsham VW Meet is tomorrow.

Don't forget we're going on a cruise from the Hornbrook Inn to the Broadbridge Heath Firework Display. Entry is £3 per Adult, £2 per Child.

Hope you can make it?

If you can, see you there.

Andy

A great turnout this month! It was good to see so many new faces this month and regulars too. Thanks to all that came along.

Here’s some pics to get you going…..

6th%20November%202010%20Pic%201.JPG

6th%20November%202010%20Pic%2014.JPG

6th%20November%202010%20Pic%2026.JPG

6th%20November%202010%20Pic%2045.JPG

6th%20November%202010%20Pic%2051.JPG

6th%20November%202010%20Pic%2056.JPG

More pic’s as ever on the site here

Oh and a good time was had by all at the fireworks….

Watching%20The%20Bonfire%20Burn%20Pic%209.JPG

Watching%20The%20Bonfire%20Burn%20Pic%2011.JPG

2010%20Fireworks%20Pic%206.JPG

2010%20Fireworks%20Pic%2014.JPG

2010%20Fireworks%20Pic%20161.JPG

More pic’s here

See you next month.

Andy

Horsham VW Meet Saturday 4th December, same time same place!

There's a Prize for best Christmas Decorated Vehicle. Get your tinsel and baubles out folks!

Oh and I've updated SparkPlugs with some Winter related stuff.....

Hi all,

Well, the next Horsham VW Meet is this Saturday.

Yes it is freezing cold, Yes there may be snow but that's no reason not to attend.. ;)

... There will be a prize for the "Best Christmas Decorated VW" in the car park on the day. I will sort out some sort of voting system so that it's fair.

So come on, have a bit of fun, perhaps treat yourself to a nice hot meal at the Hornbrook Inn.

Hope to see you there. I'll be there in my bus with no heating. :)

Cheers

Nick

http://www.horshamvwmeet.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hi all,

Well I do have to confess that I wussed out from taking my bus up to the Horsham VW Meet and seeing as the bug doesn't have any MOT on it at the moment I took the 4wd. (It was still pretty icy, raining and I had a 50 mile round trip)

Anyway enough of my excuses. Here's some pictures from the meet.

Very close competition with the best dressed VW.

Well done Matt and family for winning with Rudolph the red nosed T25.

DSCF0029.jpg

DSCF0030.jpg

DSCF0031.jpg

DSCF0032.jpg

DSCF0033.jpg

DSCF0034.jpg

DSCF0035.jpg

DSCF0036.jpg

DSCF0037.jpg

DSCF0038.jpg

DSCF0039.jpg

DSCF0040.jpg

More stuff to be found here: http://www.horshamvwmeet.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=270011004092" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Next months meet is on the 1st of January. New years day.

The normal venue is unfortunately closing at 3pm so we are having to move venue.

So Januarys meet is going to be held at "The Shelley Arms Pub" in Broadbridge Heath. The owner is very happy for us to come and use his car park.

http://www.shelleyarms.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The pub is very family friendly and well behaved dogs are welcome too.

Hope to see some of you then.

We will also be holding another "Best Christmas Decorated VW" competition due to the severe weather that we had this month. So get that tinsell and those baubles out and lets have some fun!

Cheers

Nick

Latest posts