how can i fit my porsche 924 seats into my 69

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slammedresto

Reaction score
just redone the cab, seats and door cards arriving soon

whats the best way to fit my 924 seats in???

bus103.jpg

you cud cut up a set of original bus seats and use the og runners then u wont have to butcher your fine van . Or make a subframe but i dont think it will look as good . The other option is to weld the original Porker subframe mounts in .But again if u ever wanted to swap back then ur buggered :shock:

Gadget

The way i did mine was to drill four holes and bolt the 924 seat runners directly to my van.

Slammed - how did you get on?? I've just bought myself a pair of these as replacement seats until I get my originals refurbished.
They're from a Porsche 924. Permanent welding is not an option as they're only going to be in for a couple of months.

Anyone else with any ideas?????

PorscheSeats.jpg

Cheers

Olane!

still not in yet

here the instructions i have -

Don't remove the seat rails.

Take a length of thin box section,maybe 20mm x 20mm,at each end drill an 8mm hole right through the box section at the required positions to mount this to the base of the seat,using the seats original mounting holes, then open up the holes in one side of the box section to 12mm,these will face down and allow allen head bolts to sit up inside the box section,screwing up into the seat frame.
Drill a 10 mm hole in the centre of 8 square pieces of 3mm plates,say 50mm x 50mm weld an M10 nut onto 4 of these directly over the holes,these will sit on the top of the wheel arch. Place these on the arch then sit the seat with its new box section mounts on top. play around with the positioning a bit until everything sits right,clearing original mounts and seams etc. then tack the square plates onto the box section.Mark out the centre position of the 10mm nuts onto the arch then drill holes through the arch to suit then take the other four pieces of 3mm plate and position them underneath the arch,bolt an M10 x 20mm bolt up through the lower plate,through the arch and into the upper plate in each.
Job done.
This way the box section raises the seat enough to clear the stock rails,no exposed threads are under the arch where they can seize,only four holes per seat need drilling through vans shell,and if you or any future owner want to revert to stock seats they can.Once you remove the stock runners that option is gone.

Latest posts