How do i turn the heat off? Its roasting!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Araon said:
Stop your fucking bragging
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :D
i wouldn't say mine are roasting but they do kick out heat,problem is the fresh air from the front will not shut off fully i always feel a very slight draft.
so i fitted a diesel eberspacher which is fricken toasty,mind it sounds like a harrier jump jet on take off when it first fires up Lol!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

sharky.

^^^
if you remove the dash cluster and tighten the threaded bars for the cold air leavers it'll tightly fit the flaps when you move the leaver to the closed position........ very easy job an makes LOADS of difference :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

when you say dash cluster,you mean the speedo housing?or am i in the wrong field???

sharky.

And if you still got draughts, just check your flaps in the airbox, sometimes they get crap behind them and don`t shut proper or they just ain`t sealing or they only have one hingey type thing left. Easy to get to as well :mrgreen: Might also be worth a look on the broken cable side ,, as you may be able to cobble something together to join the cables together for a while, I used a couple of large electrical joiners and worked a treat, just the other side now :mrgreen:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,, We don`t like it toooooooo cold :lol: :roll: :lol:

Gwar72 said:
:lol: I'm half way there..!! I have right side all fixed and working but can't seam to get a left side heater cable for a '72..!! (all on back order and no sign of ever getting them in..!!) :roll:

I have had the same problem but i found a heater cable from 72 - 79 (nearside (left) 1600 RHD JK ref - J10554) model worked OK when modified (cut) a little. I just chopped of the metal ends of the inner cable and used the clamps directly on to the wire.

It has the metal bar end (rather than a hoop) so i have two heater levers that control one side each (rather than one controlling the flap thing. However in my van there is a handle on the flap so i can change it by hand so it works great. It is a little large at the clamp end but (only) just fits in. it is not an ideal solution and if the correct parts do come available I’ll probably replace it with the correct one, but in the meantime I have heat (well a little) coming into the cabin, just need to check that i don't also have gallons of CO as well.

HTH

Bizz

aspro said:
Check:
2. Make sure the control levers are connected to the cables - sometimes the
clip that holds them against the mounting bracket has broken or is missing. ( Hope it's
not the case, these clips are as rare as a rust free kombi......)

Well i managed to get a look under the dashboard the other day, and the cables that run to the underside of the bus are not clamped at the dashboard end :cry:

The cables are intact, tho 1 is also missing the little spring retainer clip, connecting it to the lever.

.....so now Im guessing Im going to cook all summer whilst on the road! :mad:

sent via mobile, using that taptalk app thingy!

aspro said:
Check:
2. Make sure the control levers are connected to the cables - sometimes the
clip that holds them against the mounting bracket has broken or is missing. ( Hope it's
not the case, these clips are as rare as a rust free kombi......)

Well i managed to get a look under the dashboard the other day, and the cables that run to the underside of the bus are not clamped at the dashboard end :cry:

The cables are intact, tho 1 is also missing the little spring retainer clip, connecting it to the lever.

.....so now Im guessing Im going to cook all summer whilst on the road! :mad:

sent via mobile, using that taptalk app thingy!

My cables are broken/siezed on my 72 crossy,so i cable ties open the flap on the heat exchangers for the cold weather.In summer i will just cut off the cable ties.

Latest posts