how early is my bay

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

burt

Reaction score
hi iv got a rhd early bay on a f plate can any 1 tell me how i can work out whether its a 68 or a 67 thanks

Hi Burt , you should have a Vin plate fitted in the van on the bulkhead somewhere , pop up all the numbers on it up here and hopefully someone will decipher what year the bus is ;)

OK the earliest bay is a 68 model produced from august 67, if you want the correct production date behind the nearside seat will be a VIN and M code plate all the details ar on there if you go back to the index page, FAQs then I believe theres a link to a M code reader produced by a french lad it will give you all the details that are currently available as per the bottom of my signiture and more....

Hi, I'm sure that if you find the chassis number you can then check model year digit (3rd figure chassis number).
ie: 8 would make it Aug 67 onwards, 9 would make it Aug 68 onwards, 0 would be Aug 69 onwards you get the picture.
Pretty sure this is how it works. Col. :roll:

Wellsy said:
Hi, I'm sure that if you find the chassis number you can then check model year digit (3rd figure chassis number).
ie: 8 would make it Aug 67 onwards, 9 would make it Aug 68 onwards, 0 would be Aug 69 onwards you get the picture.
Pretty sure this is how it works. Col. :roll:

Thats true, but there is information on the plate that pretty much ties it down to the day it was built. :D

Latest posts