How fast in yours?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
when i bought my van i had to drive it back from preston to nottingham. took me 1.5 hours to get there (in a 150pd audi a4). took three hours to get back (due to missing blank off the carb causing masive air leak) 50mph max with my mate taking the piss out of me in his audi all the way back. hopefully im going to get my 091 built at cogbox so 2500 revs should be 70mph on the motorway

only just found out mine was running on 2 out of the 4 cylinders points were shot and sparks come out of the stone age - still managed about 50-60mph now got twin carbs and serviced to the max :lol:

can even pull up a hill at 70mph :!:

still like to keep it at 55 to 65 just in case the chassis starts falling off :D

I was floored mine the other day on a good downhill stretch and I bottled it at 90. The speedo seems as accurate as it can be, I have all stock wheels, tyres and ride height. It has a 1641, twin dell'ortos 34 FRDs and a bigger exhaust. I have recently been on a campaign of upgrades and servicing to make it more car like. I have late discs with recon'd calipers on the front, T25 drums on the back, new stock suspension, new ball joints, track rods, wheel bearings, antiroll bar and bushes. It is so smooth at speed now and I am well happy with it. I have a few more mods in the pipeline, which include a new beam and servo, electronic ignition, a 1800 box and a decent exhaust. Sorry, I am beered up and talking shite.:D

Well, mine reached 55mph before heavy braking into the Hammerhead! :D
Full report of Top Gear track experiance to follow... 8)

sounds interesting

I know old fat tongue (Jamie Oliver) went round the top gear track being driven by the Stig in his splitty, i kept hoping the doors would fly open and the fat idiot would fall out but no suck luck!

Don't expect anything spectacular - bog standard SP - but possibly the most fun I've had hooning...wait until you see the camera car!

cant wait mate

maybe they should consider changing the star in a reasonably priced car to star in a resanobly price early bay?

ddffrost said:
cant wait mate

maybe they should consider changing the star in a reasonably priced car to star in a resanobly price early bay?

you'd struggle a bit on that one trying to find a reasonably priced eb :D

Latest posts