How much is too much for a chair

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Is it to much

• Yes you freak

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No of course not you sexy beast

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Shaggy

Reaction score
Hello people, not VW related but i gave up caring about that a long time ago.
So here is the story for well over a year i have been trying to find this chair called the Red and Blue chair is was designed by a guy called Gerrit Rietveld in about 1917 now i have found a company that is selling it but it costs £579 not including postage but not sure how much that costs.

200px-Rietveld_chair_1.JPG-1.jpg

looks like one of those york weight lifting benches! :shock:
not for me dude but what ever floats your boats :wink:

hahaha....you know what it does a bit, well least while sitting in it i can lift some weights :D

It would only take a bit of old kitchen worktop and a length of 1" square to make your own.

Shaggy said:
Hello people, not VW related but i gave up caring about that a long time ago.
So here is the story for well over a year i have been trying to find this chair called the Red and Blue chair is was designed by a guy called Gerrit Rietveld in about 1917 now i have found a company that is selling it but it costs £579 not including postage but not sure how much that costs.

200px-Rietveld_chair_1.JPG-1.jpg

Looks simple enough - I'll knock you one up for £400!

;)

If that's your thing then why not.

£600 for a quality piece of furniture is fair enough I would have thought.

You could spend as much on some peice of stapled together chip board puffy crap from DFS sofa's, or buy a design classic which will probably outlive you. Pays your money takes your choice, know which I'd have.

(needs a cushion for tv dinners though :D )

J&M you just made me see if i could find the plans and i did, soooooo... i might just get it made :D i can get the finish right i am sure :D

old style or genuine retro funiture rocks. ive spent the last year rebuilding loads of it for our flat.
bit of an expert with the old fiftys stuff now :lol:

make the chair yourself dude and by me some delux bumper trim with the change :wink:

Latest posts